It is likely you may have heard of the Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP) technology which is available for many WordPress websites. It can deliver a number of improvements to your website over time.
Digital marketers are using this open source framework to create mobile pages that can load much more quickly to improve user experience on mobile devices. This can help with integrating new rich content into your website such as audio files, video files and PDFs but while still making sure that the website can load them quite quickly.
A website that runs AMP will often help to achieve higher search engine results on mobile platforms and with the bulk of Internet traffic often coming from mobile devices, this can be an improvement for the industry.
Mobile first WordPress websites or blogs should be using AMP technology or approved plugins. By making sure that your website includes some of this technology, you can be sure that it can load quickly and get the best possible results in search engines. You could be possibly disrupting the flow of your website by not including these plugins in the design.
If you are looking for some excellent plugins that you could integrate into your WordPress website that can deliver Accelerated Mobile Pages technology, we have prepared a list of the best free plugins available now. Check out this list today and you can discover some of the best ways that you can improve your page with the right plugins today.
Originally Published June 2018, updated Mar 03 2020
Total downloads: 200,000+
Five Star Ratings: 400+
Enable Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) on your WordPress site.
With the plugin active, all posts on your site will have AMP-compatible versions, accessible by appending
/amp/ to the end your post URLs. For example, if your post URL is
http://example.com/2016/01/01/amp-on/, you can access the AMP version at
http://example.com/2016/01/01/amp-on/amp/. If you do not have pretty permalinks enabled, you can do the same thing by appending
Also, your pages and custom post types can have AMP versions. Simply check their boxes on the ‘AMP Settings’ page in
Your entire site can render as “Native AMP” if your theme calls
add_theme_support( 'amp' ). There will only be one version of each URL: the AMP version. There won’t be separate URLs with
Total downloads: 100,000+
Five Star Ratings: 910+
A GDPR compliant AMP WordPress for your mobile-first websites.
AMP for WP automatically adds Accelerated Mobile Pages (Google AMP Project) functionality to your WordPress site. AMP makes your website faster for Mobile visitors.
- GDPR Compliance
- 3 Pre-built AMP Layouts for Business websites and landing pages
- Alexa Metrics Compatibility
- OneSignal Push Notifications integration
- Advanced WooCommerce Support
- Gravity Forms Support
- AMP Plugins Manager – Which allows you to disable a specific plugin functionality only in the AMP version
- Structured Data Options
- Page Break / NextPage (Pagination) Support
- Contact Form 7 Support
- Facebook Comments Support
- Github Gist Support
- Email Opt-in Subscription form support in AMP added
- Call to Action boxes and notification bars
- 9 Advertisement sizes – 2 More AD slots added recently
- Comments Forms in AMP.
- Native AMP Search functionality.
- Disqus Comments Support
- Google Tag Manager Support
- Page, Category & Tags Support Added
- Custom AMP Editor – Which allows you to override your Content that you had written in Post or page, so you can add the different content just for AMP.
- Mobile Redirection – More than 50% of your traffic is from mobile and you aren’t doing anything to improve their user experience, which means you are falling behind on SEO and it can result in lower SERPS. Lightning fast mobile version means faster User experience means more engagement which directly results in the lower bounce rate.
- Custom Post Type Support
- Star Ratings
- Drag & Drop Page builder Added
- 4 Designs for AMP
- Yoast SEO support on AMP pages and other SEO plugins
- AMP WooCommerce Support
- Switch on/off Support for Pages & Posts on AMP
- Translation Panel & RTL
- Internal AMP linking – You can browse AMP pages internally
- Related posts below the post
- Recent Comments list
- Automatically integrate AMP to your website.
- Google Adsense (AMP-AD) Support with 4 different Ad slots across the layout! The First Plugin to have this capability.
- Google Analytics Support.
- User-Friendly Theme Options Panel.
- Unlimited Color Scheme.
- Image Logo Upload.
- Supports Posts and Pages.
- Proper rel canonical tags which means that Google know the original page.
- Overlay Navigation Menu bar.
- Social Sharing in the Single.
- Sexy Design.
- Separate WordPress Menu for AMP version.
- Page builder & Shortcodes Compatibility.
- Carousel support for Gallery.
- Better Image stretching and resizing.
- Youtube Video Embed Support.
- Vine Embed Support.
- Twitter oembed Support.
- Instagram Embed Support.
- Facebook Video Embed Support.
- RTL Support
- Custom AMP FrontPage
- Chartbeat, Hi-stats, Yandex Metrika, Piwik, Segment.com, StatCounter, Effective Measure and comScore Support
- Incontent & DoubleClick Support
- Great Support & Active Development.
- Widgets & WooCommerce
- Genesis SEO Support
- Breadcrumb Support added
- Facebook Instant Articles Support Added
- AMP Installation Wizard that makes it easy to setup for new users.
- Category base remover support
- Tag base remover support
- 7 New Social Media Integrations added (Reddit, Tumblr, Telegram, Digg, StumbleUpon, Wechat, Viber)
- AMP Theme Framework Core Support Added. You can now create AMP templates of your own in just minutes.
- Make AMP & Non-AMP Same with just one click.
- Allows you to use AMP as primary website.
Total downloads: 20,000+
Five Star Ratings: 20+
A complete AMP solution for WordPress. It supports everything in WordPress. Loads your site 4x faster in mobile.
All pages, posts, categories, tags, author page, search… are supported in BetterAMP and there is a lot of more options that you can use them in customizer with live preview.
Total downloads: 1,000+
Five Star Ratings: 30+
Automagically add Accelerated Mobile Page Google AMP Project functionality to your site. Make your site load 5X faster on mobile by using features of the open source AMP project.
- Gutenberg Support
- Slider Support
- AMP WP Powerful Settings Panel
- AMP WP Options Panel
- Related Posts
- Layout – Classic View/ List View
- Translation Panel
- Site Loads 5x Faster in Mobiles
- Full Google AMP Support
- 100% Valid AMP Contents
- 100% RTL Compatible
- 100% Yoast SEO Compatible
- Auto Ads For AMP Support
- Compatible with All Cache Plugins
- Compatible with Jetpack plugin
- Notice Bar
- GDPR Compliant (Europe Region)
- Third Party Analytics to Track Visitors (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, Segment Analytics, Quantcast Tracking, Alexa Metrics, Chartbeat Analytics, comScore, Yandex Metrica, AFS Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Native AMP Search Functionality
- Show/Hide AMP Mobile Redirections for Mobile Visitors
- Show/Hide AMP on Search Page
- Show/Hide AMP feature on Post Types
- Show/Hide AMP feature on Taxonomies (Categories/Tags/Custom)
- Show/Hide Date in Archive/Single Post Page
- Show/Hide Author in Archive/Single Post Page
- Show/Hide Thumbnail in Related Posts
- Show/Hide Date in Related Posts
- Show/Hide Author in Related Posts
- Show/Hide Date in Home Page Slider
- Show/Hide Author in Home Page Slider
- Show/Hide Tags in Single Post Page
- “Automattic AMP” Plugin Compatibility
- Recent Comments
- Sticky Header
- AMP WordPress Menu
- Custom AMP FrontPage
- Social Icons
- Embed Images, Videos, Audios and IFrames (YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, Instagram).
- Internal AMP Linking
- Lightbox for Images
- Enable/Disable AMP for Any Post
- Customizable Color Scheme
- Custom CSS Options
- Contact Form 7 Support
Total downloads: 700+
Five Star Ratings: 8+
weeblrAMP goes well beyond standard AMP plugins. It lets you create a nearly complete AMP version of your site, as fully featured as the AMP specification allows: posts, pages, categories, tags and archives. Also built-in: ** comments (native and Disqus), Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, ads, schema.org, Yoast, Jetpack, Beaver Builder, Elementor or PolyLang integrations. Translated to French and Spanish.**.
These AMP plugins for WordPress could really help you to enhance your website and ultimately they are available for just a very quick installation. It doesn’t take long to integrate these new plugins into your website and to help your site have greater value on mobile devices.
You Might Also Like: 5 Best Progressive Web App Plugins For WordPress