If you’re looking to monetize your site, you’ll definitely want a WordPress Ads Manager plugin! This will help you manage ads (e.g. Adsense, Native Ads, Display Ads, etc), display locations and more!
The best ad management plugins will also help track impressions, click stats, sell ad spots directly to advertisers and, basically, help you manage everything about the ads on your site.
By default, WordPress doesn’t come with an easy way to manage your ads. You’ll have to install one in order to make this task much easier and manageable. And many WordPress themes don’t even have dedicated places to display these ads, which means you have to edit theme files to insert ad code for your site.
A responsive ads manager plugin will let you easily insert ads anywhere in your site and then optimize them and manage them so that everything runs smoothly.
Any webmaster who wants to increase their ad sales on the site and easily track them and more will need to use a dedicated ads plugin to manage everything.
These plugins take the work out of trying to manage it yourself so that you can focus on getting more advertisers.
Here are some of the best WordPress Ads Manager plugins you’ll want to install on your website:
Originally Published Nov 19 2018, updated Feb 19 2021
Total downloads: 300,000+
Five Star Ratings: 600+
Not only ads codes, the plugin also enables admin to insert any type of web content such like Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, custom tracking code, Google DFP code, Google Webmaster/Alexa/Bing/Tradedoubler verification code, etc to the header, footer, posts of your WordPress website.
Total downloads: 200,000+
Five Star Ratings: 1,600+
Ad Management plugin with many advanced advertising features to insert ads at optimal positions.
Supports all kinds of ads including Google AdSense ads, contextual Amazon Native Shopping Ads, Media.net ads and rotating banner ads.
- Enable AdSense integration and get powerful AdSense plugin
- Syntax highlighting editor
- Code preview with visual CSS editor
- Automatically inserts ads on posts and pages
- Insert ads before or after post
- Insert ads before or after content
- Insert ads before or after paragraph
- Insert ads before or after random paragraph
- Insert ads before or after multiple paragraphs
- Insert ads before or after comments
- Insert ads before or after excerpt
- Insert ads near any element on the page (using CSS selectors)
- Insert ads above the header (after
- Insert ads in the footer (before
- Insert ads at relative positions in posts
- Insert ads between posts on blog pages (in-feed AdSense ads)
- Insert ads between excerpts on blog pages
- Insert ads between comments
- Insert ads at custom hook positions (
do_action ()WP function)
- Insert ads before or after any HTML element using CSS selectors
- Visual HTML element selector (DOM explorer)
- Avoid inserting ads near images or headers (AdSense TOS)
- Disable ads on individual posts or pages
- Insert header (
<head>section) and footer code
- Insert raw HTTP response header lines
- Insert Google Analytics, Matomo (Piwik) or any other tracking code
- Code generator for banners and placeholders
- Visual advert editor – create ads from scratch
- Manual insertion: widgets, shortcodes, PHP function call
- Sticky (fixed) widgets (sticky sidebar – the sidebar does not move when the page is scrolled)
- Custom alignments and styles for ads
- Insert ads (different ad code) on AMP pages
- Custom CSS class name for wrapping divs to avoid ad blockers
- Use shortcodes from other plugins
- Use custom fields as defined in posts
- Use post title, tags or category names to create contextual ads
- PHP code processing
- Ad labels – show customized label above ads
- Ad rotation (server-side and client-side – works with caching)
- Timed ad rotation – define times to rotate ads in a single ad block
- Create rich media ads with standard WordPress TinyMCE editor
- Ad blocking detection – popup message, page redirection
- Desktop/mobile device detection (server-side and client-side – works with caching)
- Black/White-list categories, tags, taxonomies, post IDs, urls, url query parameters, cookies, referers
- Easy copying and pasting ads or settings using internal clipboard
- Simple troubleshooting with many debugging functions
- Function to visualize inserted code blocks and ads
- Function to visualize AdSense ads with ad names and IDs
- Function to visualize available insertion positions
- Function to visualize HTML tags
Total downloads: 100,000+
Five Star Ratings: 1,100+
This is an advanced Google AdSense inserting plugin for your WordPress website.
- Ad Management
- Ad Types
- Displaying Ads
- Advanced Ad Placements
- Display Conditions
- Visitor Conditions
- Ad Groups
- Ad networks & Google AdSense
- Stats and Tracking
Total downloads: 200,000+
Five Star Ratings: 100+
This is an awesome WordPress plugin I used in most websites to manage and place ‘Sticky’ ads on the WordPress.
The plugin creates sticky widgets that stay in the visible screen area when the page is scrolled up or down.
Total downloads: 80,000+
Five Star Ratings: 200+
The plugin helps to create and store code snippets or duplicated text in a special library at the admin bar of your website. Use the shortcode to add a snippet anywhere on your website. Or do it automatically, for example: head, footer and post injections. You can show or hide code snippets using conditional logic.
- Insert Headers and Footers
- Insert Google AdSense Ads, Amazon Native Shopping Contextual Ads, Yandex Direct Ads, Media.net on your website.
- Insert Google Analytic Tracking code, Yandex Metrica Tracking Code, Yandex Counter to Header, Footer.
- Insert PHP Code Snippets and execute on your website. Register PHP functions, classes, global variables everywhere.
- Insert Social media widgets, add any external resources widgets.
- Insert Facebook Pixels, Facebook Scripts, Facebook og:image Tag, Google Conversion Pixels, Vk Pixels.
- Show or hide code snippets based on conditional logic.
- You can save templates of posts or page builders, quotes, and galleries to re-use them on your website.
Total downloads: 80,000+
Five Star Ratings: 70+
Quick Adsense is an Ads management WordPress plugin. It offers a quicker & flexible way to insert Adsense or any Ads code into a blog post.
Besides, it can randomly place the Ads anywhere within a post. It comes with a simple setting page, and it does not overwhelm you with complicated customizable options.
- Absolutely NO author revenue reward or revenue sharing from your Adsense or that kind of features.
- Default Ads positioning: Assign Ads to the beginning of the post, assign Ads to the middle of post, assign Ads to the end of post, assign Ads after ‘more’ tag, assign Ads before the last paragraph, assign Ads after certain paragraphs (3 options available) & assign Ads after certain images.
- Flexible Ads placement, insert Ads specifically or randomly anywhere within a post.
- Simple configuration interface requires no coding knowledge: Just copy and paste AdSense code, tick & select options, the plugin will then do the rest for you.
- Support any Ads code, not limited to Adsense code only.
- Display up to a maximum of 10 Ads on a page. Google allows publishers to place up to 3 Adsense for Content on a page. If you are using other Ads, you may display up to 10 Ads.
- Support up to a maximum of 10 Ads codes on Sidebar Widgets.
- Support up to a maximum of 10 Ads codes for specific placement & randomization within a post.
- Insert Ads on-the-fly, simply insert <!–Ads1–>, <!–Ads2–> … , <!–RndAds–> to a post to accomplish this.
- Disable Ads on-the-fly, simply insert <!–NoAds–>, <!–OffDef–>, <!–OffWidget–>, <!–OffBegin–> … and more to a post to accomplish this.
- The above Tags can be inserted into a post easily via the additional Quicktag Buttons added to the HTML Edit Post SubPanel.
Total downloads: 60,000+
Five Star Ratings: 1,000+
WPQuads is the most feature rich & Advanced Ad Inserter & Adsense solution built for WordPress.
- NEW Geo Targeting : Target the ads based on the city and countries.
- Easy to use Modern options panel built on React JS.
- Deeply integrates with AMP plugins like AMPforWP, Official AMP by Google.
- Google Adsense support: It gives a deep integration with the ad types of Google Adsense like Display ads, In-feed ads, In-article ads & Auto ads. You can define fixed or responsive sizes for the ads.
- Google AD Manager, formerly Double Click for Publishers (DFP) support.
- 8 Ad vendors support and 20 more on the development roadmap
- 12 Ads positions that helps you control where the ad will appear.
- 10 Post Specific Ads Control: 10 Conditional Ad visibility positions which allows you to control (include/exclude) on which pages would you like the ads to appear.
- 9 Targeting conditions which will allow you to control when an ad should appear.
- Custom Image banner support
- Custom html Code support with auto AMP Sanitization
- Background ad (Full website background ad)
- Group multiple ads into one and rotate them Randomly
- ads.txt support
- Lazy Loading for Adsense ads
- Responsive ads
- Ad Blocker support: It’s the most advanced ad blocker which allows you to add the notice in 4 types. Bar, Popup, Page Redirection & Block Message. You can choose if you want to show only once or on every visit.
- Unlimited Ads – Add an unlimited amount of ads to your website.
- Layout options to help you control Alignment & Margin of the ads.
- Ad Label support: You can add your custom label, you can even choose to display it above or below the ad.
- One-click duplicate ads with the same configuration
- Ajax based search to help you quickly find the ads
- Sidebar Widgets to ads unlimited widget ads in the sidebar
- High Performance – Developed well to keep the speed of your site. It loads only the code it needs at the moment of execution, making it small and fast and with a lot of hooks easy extensible by third party developers.
- Serialized storing of Ad options instead storing every single option as separate table entry all over
- Multi language support
- Remove of small coding issues like “unexpected output” message when plugin is activated on several sites
- Import / Export function makes plugin migrating to other sites easier. Copy your ads code to other sites.
- Automatic Ad detection – WP QUADS detects optimal ad sizes for all devices.
- Caching Power – Supports WP Rocket, W3 Total and any other Caching plugin.
All of these WordPress plugins are great options when it comes to managing and tracking your website ads. You’ll find it easier than ever to display ads on your site and will be able to increase your funds thanks to how easy it makes ads management.