If you have a User-Generated Content website or blog to share articles written by different authors with the audience, you might need an author box that displays at the bottom of your blog posts and provides biographical information about the author.
Having an author bio could help readers seek out more articles they enjoy reading. It also helps establish a trusting relationship between your website and your users.
There are already many themes (most of which are premium themes) that come with the Author Box feature.
For those who are using free WordPress themes without the author box, there are 5 best and full free WordPress author box plugins from which you can use in your next website or blog. Enjoy.
The plugin adds a responsive author box at the end of your posts, showing the author name, author gravatar and author description – author bio.
It also adds over 30 social profile fields on the WordPress user profile screen, allowing to display the author social icons in the author box.
- Shows author gravatar, name, website, description (author bio) and social icons
- Fully customizable to match your theme design (style, color, size and text options)
- Nice looking on desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phones
- Automatically insert the author box at the end of your post
- Option to manually insert the author box on your template file (single.php or author.php)
- Simple Author Box has RTL support
- Simple Author Box has AMP support
- Great for guest posts, and guest authors
An Author Box that’s gorgeous to look at and it makes your readers click all the way through to see more about the Authors.
- Google Microformats (vCard), to display Rich Snippets in google search results
- Easy to customize for each Author
- You’ll get Google Authorship on your hands For all your authors.
- Have it work only on blog posts, only on pages, or both!
- Links to the social media profiles of your authors: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, Tumblr, Youtube, Vimeo
- Each of your Authors can have a different set of social media profiles added
- Links to all the articles written by that author
- A section that displays the latest posts of a certain author
- Themes to choose from
- Themes setup for each individual Author, to really make them shine
- You Can set the Name of the Author
- You Can set the Job Title of each Author
- Can set Company (with a link to the company’s site)
- Each Author can make the Author Box look like it’s her own
- You can choose not to display it for certain authors
- Removes any other author box from the page, so that there aren’t duplicates
- Enables you to upload your own image (so that you won’t need a Gravatar)
- Paragraphs in the Author Bio to have a better-looking text
- Displays the Author Box in the special pages built for each author.
- Special Pages for your authors
- Works even with sites that have woocommerce or other eCommerce plugins
- Add Starbox in your post’s content or WordPress widgets using the shortcodes
A WordPress plugin to create a minimal clean post author box with social contact icons, author bio section, widgets on the WordPress website.
- Section title.
- Profile image layout
- Show author role or Not
- Show author email or not
- Author Widgets
- Easy to implement via shortcodes
A simple yet full-featured author box plugin that displays a box with the author’s biography and also social icons at the bottom of the post.
A highly customizable author box plugin that displays an Author Information Box on the bottom of the contents.