If you are a blogger you might need a calendar plugin to create and manage events/schedules on your WordPress blog. In this post, you will find the 10 best WordPress calendar plugins ranked by rating values that are perfect for beginner & professional bloggers. I hope you like it.
Total downloads: 700,000+
This is one of the best ways that you can have a professional quality calendar available on your blog complete with extensions which are customizable for multiple content providers. This is one of the best ways that you can stay on top of your marketing campaigns and even comes with a handy import tool which can deliver some huge improvements for the community and for your forums over time. This team has dedicated an extensive amount of time into their development of the product and they are available for questions and answers 24 hours a day.
- Rapidly create events
- Saved venues & organizers
- Calendar month view with tooltips
- List view
- Day view
- Event search
- Google maps
- Widget: Upcoming events list
- Events Taxonomies (Categories & Tags)
- Google Calendar and iCal exporting
- WP REST API endpoints
- Completely ajaxified for super smooth browsing
- Completely responsive from mobile to tablet to desktop
- Tested on the major theme frameworks such as Avada, Genesis, Woo Themes, Thesis and many more.
- Increase your SEO with Microformats
- Internationalized & Translated
- Multiple stylesheets (Skeleton, Default, Tribe Event Styles) to improve integration
- Extensive Template Tags for Customization
- Hook & Filters up the wazoo
- Caching Support
- Debug Mode for Developers
Total downloads: 100,000+
This is a powerful, multi-language, easy-to-manage, all-in-one event calendar plugin to manage events and schedules on your WordPress blog.
- Recurring events including complex patterns.
- Filtering by event category or tag.
- Easy sharing with Google Calendar, Apple iCal, MS Outlook and any other system that accepts iCalendar (.ics) feeds.
- Embedded Google Maps.
- Color-coded events based on category.
- Featured event images and category images.
- Day view
- Week view
- Month view
- Agenda view
- Posterboard view
- Upcoming Events widget.
- Direct links to filtered calendar views.
- Theme options to customize your calendar appearance.
- Inline Calendar Theme editor.
- Import other calendars automatically to display in your calendar.
- Categorize and tag imported calendar feeds automatically.
- Plugin can also be easily imported.
- Each event is SEO-optimized.
- Each event links to the original calendar.
- Your calendar can be embedded into a WordPress page without needing to create template files or modify the theme.
Total downloads: 90,000+
A simple, open source calendar plugin enables you to add your own Google Calendar & Events to your WordPress site with ease.
- Display events from any public Google Calendar.
- Keep managing events in Google Calendar. No need to create events in WordPress.
- Out-of-the-box designs that match your theme’s look and feel.
- Fully responsive and mobile-friendly monthly grid and list views.
- Customize event content display using simple tags. No coding required.
- Combine multiple calendars into single displays explicitly or using categories.
- Intuitive, simple display configuration changes for fine tuning.
- Advanced settings to adjust time zones, date/time formats and start of the week.
- Integration with Event Calendar Newsletter for quickly turning your events into a newsletter-friendly format.
- Translations available with more being added on a regular basis.
Total downloads: 50,000+
An intuitive, customizable, responsive and flexible booking calendar plugin for WordPress to make and manage bookings.
- Make New Bookings on the Client side.
- Manage your Bookings in Admin Panel.
- Sync bookings.
- Supports Google Calendar events.
- Configure Booking Form and Availability Calendar.
- Easy integration into posts/pages.
- Multiple languages.
- Booking Widget.
Total downloads: 40,000+
The Event Organiser makes uses of custom post type to help you create and manage events and schedules just like posts.
- Create one-time events or recurring events.
- Allows complex reoccurring patterns for events.
- Add or remove specific dates to an event
- Event functions available
- Create and maintain venues for your events, with Google maps support and a fully-featured content editor.
- Widgets: Calendar widget, Event List widget, and Event Agenda widget
- Year, month and day archive pages
- Shortcodes support.
- Relative date queries
- Assign events to categories and tags, and view events by category or tag.
- Color-coded event categories.
- Custom permissions allow to specify which roles have the ability to create, edit and delete events or manage venues.
- Venue pages, to view events by venue.
- Export/import events to and from ICAL files.
- Delete individual occurrences of events.
- Public events feed: allow visitors to subscribe to your events, or a particular venue/category.
- Supports ‘pretty permalinks’ for event pages, event archives, event category and venue pages.
- (Optionally) automatically delete expired events.
6. My Calendar
Total downloads: 30,000+
This is a fairly simple and streamlined events calendar that’s perfect for bloggers and marketers. The main focus of this calendar update is mostly to create a space in which WordPress users can very easily share their calendar updates to the website. Importing new calendar updates and sharing data on this plugin is fairly simple but it does come with some limitations.
- Calendar grid and list views of events.
- Monthly, weekly, or daily view.
- Mini-calendar for compact displays (as widget or as shortcode).
- Widgets: today’s events, upcoming events, compact calendar, event search.
- Custom templates for event output.
- Limit views by categories, location, author, or host.
- Schedule a variety of recurring events.
- Edit occurrences of recurring events
- Rich permissions handling to restrict access to parts of My Calendar.
- Email notification to administrator when events are scheduled or reserved.
- Post to Twitter when events are created with WP to Twitter.
- Location Manager for frequently used venues
- Fetch events from a remote database. (Sharing events in a network of sites.)
- Import events from Kieran O’Shea’s Calendar plugin.
- Integrated Help to guide in use of shortcodes and template tags.
- Shortcode Generator to create customized views of My Calendar.
Total downloads: 30,000+
Event Calendar WD is a responsive calendar plugin for organizing events. This WordPress calendar lets you manage and publish unlimited event calendars on your site.
- Organize as many events as you wish
- Events are easier to find
- Attract with detailed descriptions
- Distinct appearance
- Responsive layout
- Unlimited events and calendars
- Event categories and tags
- Multiple event display views
- Recurring events
- Social sharing
- Calendar widget
- Customizable themes
- Google Maps integration
- Useful add-ons
Active installations: 20,000+
A simple but effective Calendar plugin for WordPress that allows you to manage your events and appointments and display them to the world on your website.
- Monthly view of events
- Mouse-over details for each event
- Events can have a timestamp (optional)
- Events can display their author (optional)
- Events can span more than one day
- Multiple events per day possible
- Events can repeat on a weekly, monthly (set numerical day), monthly (set textual day) or yearly basis
- Repeats can occur indefinitely or a limited number of times
- Easy to use events manager in admin dashboard
- Sidebar function/Widget to show todays events
- Sidebar function/Widget to show upcoming events
- Lists of todays events can be displayed in posts or pages
- Lists of upcoming events can be displayed in posts or pages
- Comprehensive options panel for admin
- Modifiable CSS using the options panel
- Optional drop down boxes to quickly change month and year
- User groups other than admin can be permitted to manage events
- Events can be placed into categories
- A calendar of events for just one of more categories can be displayed
- Categories system can be switched on or off
- Events can be links pointing to a location of your choice
- Full internationalisation is possible
- Comaptible with WordPress MU
- iCalendar feed of events can be made accessible
Active installations: 10,000+
The booking calendar WordPress plugin comes in handy any time you want to display the availability of a holiday home, room, bed & breakfast, office or even a piece of equipment.
- Create one calendar
- Simple user-friendly interface
- Displays availability
- Language translation options using PO files
10. WP FullCalendar
Total downloads: 10,000+
A customizable, AJAX-enabled and easy-to-style event calendar WordPress plugin based on Fullcalendar that makes it easy to display filterable events in month, week, and day views.
Consider each one of these calendar plugins for WordPress and don’t forget to spread the world if you find useful.