If you are going to run a successful blog you need to have the right tools. Luckily if your blog utilizes the power of WordPress, you can make sure that there are a wide variety of tools to help you improve your site. In this post, I’d like to share with you the Best 10 WordPress Navigation & Menu plugins to improve the navigation experience on your WordPress sites. I hope you like it.
10. WP Mobile Menu
A mobile-friendly menu plugin for WordPress, features background images, custom styling, CSS3 transitions, and much more.
9. WP Floating Menu
Yet another floating side menu plugin for WordPress that lets you create one-page navigator menus or sticky navigation menus for better user experience.
- 5 different templates to select from.
- Two different menu positions Right and Left to select from.
- Mobile configurable.
- Supports menu icons.
- Drag and drop.
- Inline Navigation support.
- Custom Template Options.
- Fully Responsive.
8. Nextend Accordion Menu
The Nextend Accordion Menu allows you to create a smooth, touch-friendly, multi-level, Accordion-style navigation menu on your WordPress website.
- 4 fully customizable themes and multiple skins to choose from
- Complete control from the backend over colors, backgrounds, images, fonts etc. level by level and state by state (active, hover etc.)
- Integrated font manager with Google fonts
- Unlimited deep menu levels
- Varied animation types for the menu
- More than 30 parameters to set technically everything, some example: Parent item as link, Accordion mode, Activator event, Always opened, Menu slice/splice, Animations, Menu class suffix, Icons, Menu counter etc.
7. Menu Item Visibility Control
This is a WordPress plugin which allows you to enable and disable menu items on certain conditions such as only posts, pages, isHome, etc.
6. Responsive Menu
Responsive Menu is a WordPress plugin that allows you to convert your current theme site navigation into a mobile-friendly, W3C compliant responsive design in seconds.
- Change every text, background and border colour
- Set the fonts, font sizes and text alignment you want to use
- Set which side and where you want the button to show
- Set which side the menu appears from (left, right, top or bottom)
- Use background image for the menu
- Choice of menu animations (slide over the top or push the content)
- Choice of which Menu to use
- Choice of screen size at which the menu will be shown
- Choice of CSS elements to hide when menu is showing
- Choice of Sub-menu depth to display down to
- Choice of Animation Types & Speeds for the Menu & Button
- Integrated search (fully customisable)
- Ability to disable and re-order the different components
- Ability to fix the button to the top or to let it scroll with the page
- Ability to upload logos, sub-arrow images etc.
- Ability to include Scripts externally, minified and in footer
- Ability to import and export options in a click of a button
- Ability to add custom HTML components
- Ability to choose custom menu triggers
- WPML/Polylang Support
- RTL Support
- Plus much, much more!
5. Side Menu
Just another sticky navigation plugin for WordPress that stick the navigation to the side of the screen instead. Also great for social share buttons.
- Create up to 5 buttons on the page;
- Change the position of the navigation bar: left or right;
- Select from 600+ Font awesome icons to display on the button;
- Insert any links;
- Display modal windows with different content;
- Setup in-page navigation with the #anchor-links;
- Define the order of the menu items.
The myStickymenu plugin makes your site navigation bar always be sticky on the top of the web page when scrolling down. Supports multiple languages and responsive WordPress themes.
- Fade and slide animations.
- Auto disables on small screens.
- Custom styles.
- Allows to auto-disable on particular post types.
3. Easy Sidebar Menu Widget
This is a WordPress widget plugin which lets you add a responsive site navigation to the sidebar widget with ease.
2. WP Responsive Menu
This WordPress sliding menu design is perfect for creating a user interface that’s easy to navigate on a variety of tablet and mobile devices. The responsive menu works to create an extremely functional menu that supports a variety of swipe gestures and quick search functions. This plug-in works well with multipage sites and can instantly improve your navigation features.
- Get a nice looking slide menu in less than a minute.
- Makes your site menu work better on mobile devices.
- Easy to customize without any coding skills.
- Allows you to set the menu open direction to top/bottom/left/right to match your needs.
- Option to chnage menu icon animation to match your site.
- Add your logo to menu bar and easily specify a link to it.
- Comes in two different display options to match your taste.
- Quickly hide the unwanted elements when the responsive menu is active.
- Provides better option to open/close menu with simple swipe gestures.
- Easily configure font sizes and styles from the settings.
- Gives you flexibility to add a search box inside menu.
- Option to display the search option on menu bar(PRO).
- Integrates flawlessly with WooCommerce(PRO).
- Better support for RTL sites(PRO).
- Allows to add social media icons to menu(PRO).
- You can easily change the menu fonts with any custom/google fonts(PRO).
- Change the sub menu and menu icons easily(PRO).
- And much more coming soon…
1. Max Mega Menu
This menu feature for bloggers automatically converts all of your existing menus into a mega menu format. This ensures that you can have an easily accessible menu for your blog that’s touch-friendly and available on any potential device. You can use the mega style menu with almost any theme and have customizable touches if you want to start a Woocommerce store, expand the pages of your blog or adding new features.
Features (Free Version)
- Builds upon the standard WordPress menus system.
- Supports multiple menu locations each with their own configuration.
- Drag and Drop Mega Menu builder.
- Display WordPress Widgets in your menu.
- Customise the styling of your menus using a built in theme editor.
- Supports Flyout (traditional) or Mega Menu sub menu styles.
- Hover, Hover Intent or Click event to open sub menus.
- Fade, Fade Up, Slide Up or Slide sub menu transitions.
- Add icons to menu items.
- Menu item options including Hide Text, Disable Link, Hide on Mobile etc.
- Align menu items to the left or right of the menu bar.
- Align sub menus to left or right of parent menu item.
When it comes to improving navigation on almost any type of WordPress website, these menu plugins can help almost any blog or whether they are just starting out or a full professional, to improve their websites. These are tools that you can use for the future expansion of your website as well.