Search Engine Optimization is a factor that every single website owner/blogger needs to take into consideration. As search engine traffic represents one of the largest sources of traffic for most WordPress websites and blogs, it’s very important that a website owner/blogger take into account the correct types of WordPress plugins that can generally improve success from search engine traffic and blog content.
Let us first review a few important Google Ranking Factors (2017) before choosing WordPress SEO plugins:
- Page Speed
- Website Security
- Time on site
- Pages per session
- Bounce rate
- Content quality and length
- Keyword density
- Mobile responsiveness
- User experience
Then check out this hand-picked collection of 20+ BEST, up-to-date and proven WordPress plugins to improve your site’s ranking:
This stands as one of the most popular WordPress plug-ins currently for bloggers and it’s one of the best ways that you can optimize every post on your blog. Yoast SEO can turn almost anyone into an SEO expert with ongoing alerts on how every post can be improved. Yoast recognizes elements in posts such as how to write a proper meta-description, how to identify various keywords or improve keywords and how you can format your post with full custom titles, sitemaps, image tags and more.
- Snippet preview
- Page Analysis
- Technical WordPress SEO
- XML Sitemaps
- Customizable Meta and Link elements
- RSS Optimization
- Social integration
- Multi-site compatible
Google XML Sitemaps
This WordPress plugin automatically generates XML sitemaps which can be used in any search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo to better index your site.
With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally, it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
- Auto notifies Google and Bing about updates of your blog.
- Auto adds sitemap URL to the virtual
The WordPress plugin improves your blog’s speed by minifying and caching scripts and styles, injecting CSS in the page head by default and moving and deferring scripts to the footer. It also minifies the HTML code itself, making your page really lightweight.
SEO Friendly Images Pro for WordPress
The Weglot Translate WordPress plugin translates your WordPress blog into a multilingual website with multiple languages (60+ translation languages available). SEO compatible with dedicated URLs, as Google best practice for multilingual sites.
AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages
The AMP for WP plugin enables Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) on your WordPress site. A great solution to the mobile-first WordPress blog that significantly improves your site’s page speed and user experience on mobile devices.
All in One SEO Pack
Yet another generic, multi-functional, and commonly used WordPress SEO plugin. It is a great alternative to the Yoast SEO plugin that is easy and works out of the box for WordPress beginners.
- Google AMP.
- Google XML Sitemap.
- Google Analytics.
- Image XML Sitemap.
- Automatically notifies search engines.
- Site performance optimizer.
- Automatically generates Meta tags.
- 57+ languages.
- Much more…
Imagify Image Optimizer
Imagify Image Optimizer plugin allows you to compress large images without losing quality on client side.
- 3 optimization levels: Normal, Aggressive, and Ultra.
- Automatically optimizes images on upload.
- Automatically resizes large images.
- Keeps EXIF data from images.
Really Simple SSL
Since SSL Certification become a major factor in Google SEO Ranking. Use this plugin to quickly encrypt your WordPress site with HTTPS.
The plugin automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over https with just one click.
This plugin automatically adds a simple and elegant mobile theme for mobile visitors to your WordPress site. It will instantly enable a mobile-friendly version of your website that passes the Google Mobile test, and ensure your SEO rankings do not drop due to not having a mobile-friendly website.
Supported mobile devices and browsers:
- Firefox OS & Mobile Browser
- Windows Phone
- Opera Mini Browser
This is a premium WordPress plugin for handling and managing internal links on your WordPress site. The plugin helps you build a smart and effective internal links structure, with an optimized number of internal links for each post, that are at the same time relevant for the search engines and natural for the readers.
- Analyzes the internal links.
- Calculates the link juice.
- Generates internal links suggestions.
- Creates auto internal links.
- Tracks the internal links.
- Export data into CSV.
A fully configurable Related Post plugin for WordPress to reduce bounce rate and boost SEO.
The 404page plugin enables you to create customizable 404 Not Found Error page in WordPress. From an SEO perspective, a well-designed 404 page reduces bounce rate and improves SEO ranking.
WP Content Copy Protection
The Content Copy Protection plugin Prevent your traffic from losing by disabling selection and copy on your WordPress site.
- Disables right click event on any element such as images, videos.
- Custom selection & right click alert messages.
WordPress Infinite Scroll – Ajax Load More
The plugin makes it easy to implement the AJAX-based infinite scrolling functionality on your WordPress site to improve user experience and SEO ranking. Supports single posts, pages, comments and more with Ajax powered queries.
Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin
This plugin allows SEO-friendly Quick Redirects (301 Redirects) and Individual Redirects (301, 302 or meta) for existing posts and pages.
Learn more about How 301 Redirects Are Likely Impacting SEO.
The WordPress plugin automatically uploads and stores your media files on Amazon S3 to reduce page load time and improve SEO rankings.
The plugin allows you to create pretty links by shortening, clocking and tracking affiliate urls you specify.
- Gives you the ability to create clean, simple URLs on your website that redirect to any other URL (allows for 301, 302, and 307 redirects only)
- Generates random 3-4 character slugs for your URL or allows you to name a custom slug for your URL
- Tracks the Number of Clicks per link
- Tracks the Number of Unique Clicks per link
- Provides a reporting interface where you can see a configurable chart of clicks per day. This report can be filtered by the specific link clicked, date range, and/or unique clicks.
- View click details including ip address, remote host, browser (including browser version), operating system, and referring site
- Download hit details in CSV format
- Pass custom parameters to your scripts through pretty link and still have full tracking ability
- Exclude IP Addresses from Stats
- Enables you to send your pretty links via Email directly from your WordPress admin
- Select Temporary (302 or 307) or Permanent (301) redirection for your pretty links
- Cookie based system for tracking visitor activity across clicks
- Organize Links into Groups
- Create nofollow/noindex links
- Turn tracking on / off on each link
- Pretty Links Bookmarklet
ARVE Advanced Responsive Video Embedder
This plugin allows to boost your site’s SEO with videos.
ARVE Advanced Responsive Video Embedder helps you embed responsive Youtube, Vimeo, and HTML5 videos into posts via URLs or shortcodes.
How video content Improve search rankings?
- Reduce bounce rate.
- Increase session time.
- Make your content more readable and sharable.
- SEO friendly, lets you specify title, description, upload date to provide search engines with the schema.org data they like to have for better indexing.
- WYSIWYG support. No more messing around with shortcodes and previewing.
- New improved dialog for embedding videos.
- Magically makes those url embedded videos responsive.
- No ‘lock in’ if do not use shortcodes and use providers WordPress already supports.
- Supports almost every video host that supports iframe embed codes.
- Embeds via pasting the URL in its own line just like WordPress!
- Optionally use very powerful Shortcodes instead.
- Clean shortcode syntax
[arve url="https://youtu.be/yUCFRL43Zm4" align="left" parameters="start=30" ... /], no unnecessary shortcode wrapping.
- One single button for all providers.
- Tries to be as unobtrusive as possible, sets ‘hide brand’ variables if supported, disables related videos at the end … to help keep people on your site rather then going to YouTube or keep watching videos.
- Autostart (for providers that support it, mobile browsers prevent this)
- Custom URL parameters to use all options providers offer.
- Optional maximal width.
- Video alignment.
- Detailed description of options in-place.
- Automatic detected and custom aspect ratio.
Yet another powerful All In One SEO plugin for WordPress.
- Title Tag Rewriter
- Meta Description Editor
- Deeplink Juggernaut
- Open Graph Integrator
- Rich Snippet Creator
- Author Highlighter
- Link Mask Generator
- 404 Monitor
- Permalink Tweaker
- Meta Robot Tags Editor
- And much more…
Consider some of these top SEO plugins for installation with your WordPress blog if you would like to have improved success with search engine traffic on your blog. If you are dedicated to improving your search engine marketing and the traffic for your website, these plugins could be an excellent starting point.