Podcasts are super popular right now. It seems everyone has their favorite podcasts to listen to on the drive to work, during downtime or simply whenever they want to feel inspired on a certain topic.
From news podcasts to original talk shows and more, there’s a podcast for every subject there seems. Because podcasts have become so popular, more and more bloggers are creating their own and adding them to their websites.
The great thing about podcasts is that you’re not locked into any schedule and can listen to the podcast whenever or you’d like! Plus. The convenience of always having fresh content provides more appeal.
Anyone can be a podcaster! You just need to have the right equipment and some time to be able to record yourself. And as you start podcasting, you’ll be able to build an online community who loves what you have to say!
WordPress Podcasting Plugins
Many WordPress bloggers are not podcasting. Thanks to the wide variety of podcasting WordPress plugins out there, they’re able to share their material with fans directly on their site.
These plugins are simple to use and install, perfectly complementing their site and the content they already have. The plugins make it easy to add all your podcast episodes right to your site so that visitors can read your content and hear your podcast at the same time!
If you’re interested in podcasting and linking it to your website, here are some of the best WordPress podcasting plugins to use:
A powerful Podcasting plugin for WordPress, with simple & advanced modes, players, subscribe tools, and more.
- Full Apple Podcasts (previously iTunes Podcasts) & Google Podcasts support: Adds Apple Podcast compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress site.
- Integrated HTML5 Media Players: Audio/video Web players with embed support from sites such as YouTube.
- Subscribe tools: Create subscribe page with our exclusive subscribe shortcode embed and subscribe sidebar widget optimized for responsive websites, high-resolution screens, and Apple Retina displays.
- Podcasting SEO: Improve discovery of your podcast on search engines such as Google, and with the Apple Podcasts directory.
- Podcast Importing: Import your podcast from SoundCloud, LibSyn, PodBean, Squarespace, or other podcast RSS feed.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, TGS Podcasting, Seriously Simple Podcasting, Blogger, or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-podcast support: Create separate podcasts by category (Category Podcasting) or by media format (Podcast Channels).
- Post type and taxonomy podcasting: Create podcasts from custom post types and taxonomies.
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Multi-languages and locales
An HTML5 + Flash hybrid based WordPress plugin which can be used to embed an mp3 audio file on your WordPress post or page using a shortcode.
If you do podcasting then this audio player can be used to embed the audio files on your WordPress posts or pages.
Seriously Simple Podcasting is an easy-to-use podcasting solution for WordPress that is as powerful as it is simple. It uses a native WordPress interface and has minimal settings so as not to distract you from what you really need to do – publish your content.
- Simple settings so you can get your podcast up and running quickly
- Integrated podcast hosting platform, Castos, which allows you to host your podcast media files on a dedicated platform, without ever having to leave the WordPress dashboard.
- Newly redesigned, customizable media player that includes your podcast cover image
- Run multiple podcasts from the same site – each with their own, unique RSS feed
- Gather thorough stats on your listeners using the free stats add-on
- Supports both audio and video podcasting
podcastpost type and
seriestaxonomy for managing your podcast episodes
- Use any post type for your podcast episodes
- Highly configurable and robust RSS feed designed for all podcast services and feed readers – including iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher
- Shortcodes & widgets for displaying podcast episode lists, single episodes and podcast playlists anywhere on your site
- The freedom to host your media files wherever you like – on the same site, our integrated Castos hosting platform, or any other server
- Complete user and developer documentation
- Full i18n support
HTML5 MP3 Radio FM MP3 Stream Player use Radio streams directly from Shoutcast and Icecast Server and play in HTML5 <audio> element.
- MP3 Podcast support added to HTML5 MP3 Radio FM MP3 Stream Player
- HTML5 MP3 Radio FM MP3 Stream Player supports custom background color
- HTML5 MP3 Radio FM MP3 Stream Player allows Player Default Artwork Image
- HTML5 MP3 Radio FM MP3 Stream Player have custom Stream Title & Artist Info
- HTML5 MP3 Radio FM MP3 Stream Player have Social Profile Link
The Publisher makes it easy to create highly expressive, efficient and super compatible podcast feeds with fine grained control over client behavior (e.g. GUID control to replace faulty episodes and for clients to reload) supporting all important meta data.
- Peace of Mind
- Powerful Analytics
- Subscribing with Ease
- Custom Templating
The Podbean shortcode plugin is an easy way to embed Podbean audio/video player into your WordPress blog.
It works for any Podbean podcast. Once you install this plugin, it will work on all of your blog posts.
The Buzzsprout podcasting plugin fetches your podcast episodes from your Buzzsprout feed URL and gives you the option to embed episodes in your page or post on-the-fly. It really is that simple.
Thanks to a number of WordPress podcast plugins you can easily start your podcasting journey in addition to blogging. These plugins are easy to use and will integrate with your WordPress site!