Podcasts are super popular right now. It seems everyone has their favorite podcasts to listen to on the drive to work, during downtime or simply whenever they want to feel inspired on a certain topic.
From news podcasts to original talk shows and more, there’s a podcast for every subject there seems. Because podcasts have become so popular, more and more bloggers are creating their own and adding them to their websites.
The great thing about podcasts is that you’re not locked into any schedule and can listen to the podcast whenever or you’d like! Plus. The convenience of always having fresh content provides more appeal.
Anyone can be a podcaster! You just need to have the right equipment and some time to be able to record yourself. And as you start podcasting, you’ll be able to build an online community who loves what you have to say!
WordPress Podcasting Plugins
Many WordPress bloggers are not podcasting. Thanks to the wide variety of podcasting WordPress plugins out there, they’re able to share their material with fans directly on their site.
These plugins are simple to use and install, perfectly complementing their site and the content they already have. The plugins make it easy to add all your podcast episodes right to your site so that visitors can read your content and hear your podcast at the same time!
If you’re interested in podcasting and linking it to your website, here are some of the best WordPress podcasting plugins to use:
Originally Published Sep 2018, updated Apr 07 2022
Total downloads: 50,000+
Five Star Ratings: 220+
A powerful Podcasting plugin for WordPress, with simple & advanced modes, players, subscribe tools, and more.
- Full Apple Podcasts (previously iTunes Podcasts) & Google Podcasts support: Adds Apple Podcast compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress site.
- Integrated HTML5 Media Players: Audio/video Web players with embed support from sites such as YouTube.
- Subscribe tools: Create subscribe page with our exclusive subscribe shortcode embed and subscribe sidebar widget optimized for responsive websites, high-resolution screens, and Apple Retina displays.
- Podcasting SEO: Improve discovery of your podcast on search engines such as Google, and with the Apple Podcasts directory.
- Podcast Importing: Import your podcast from SoundCloud, LibSyn, PodBean, Squarespace, or other podcast RSS feed.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, TGS Podcasting, Seriously Simple Podcasting, Blogger, or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-podcast support: Create separate podcasts by category (Category Podcasting) or by media format (Podcast Channels).
- Post type and taxonomy podcasting: Create podcasts from custom post types and taxonomies.
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Multi-languages and locales
Total downloads: 30,000+
Five Star Ratings: 230+
Seriously Simple Podcasting is an easy-to-use podcasting solution for WordPress that is as powerful as it is simple. It uses a native WordPress interface and has minimal settings so as not to distract you from what you really need to do – publish your content.
- Simple settings so you can get your podcast up and running quickly
- Integrated podcast hosting platform, Castos, which allows you to host your podcast media files on a dedicated platform, without ever having to leave the WordPress dashboard.
- Newly redesigned, customizable media player that includes your podcast cover image
- Run multiple podcasts from the same site – each with their own, unique RSS feed
- Gather thorough stats on your listeners using the free stats add-on
- Supports both audio and video podcasting
podcastpost type and
seriestaxonomy for managing your podcast episodes
- Use any post type for your podcast episodes
- Highly configurable and robust RSS feed designed for all podcast services and feed readers – including iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher
- Shortcodes & widgets for displaying podcast episode lists, single episodes and podcast playlists anywhere on your site
- The freedom to host your media files wherever you like – on the same site, our integrated Castos hosting platform, or any other server
- Complete user and developer documentation
- Full i18n support
Total downloads: 10,000+
Five Star Ratings: 140+
A very easy Audio Player for WordPress built for Music, Beat Makers, and Podcasters. Add unlimited playlists, albums, and podcasts to any post, WooCommerce products, or custom posts using our Elementor Widget, Block editor, or native shortcode with tons of attributes. It’s very flexible and easy to use. It’s the perfect companion for your WooCommerce store if you plan to sell beats and music on your website and is the new #1 plugin for Podcasting with WordPress.
You can display an optional jaw-dropping waveform bar under any of your audio players powered by WaveSurfer.js. Our Audio Player is super easy to use, includes tons of features and the design and UX are very professional. You can choose between a super-nice-looking waveform and a very simple progress bar design.
Total downloads: 9,000+
Five Star Ratings: 50+
Podcast Player provides an easy way to show and play your podcast episodes using podcasting feed url. It is a must have plugin for your podcast website. Give your listeners an easy access to all your episodes from any page or even from all the pages of your website.
- Give your listeners an easy access to your podcast episodes.
- Display responsive podcast player just by entering your podcast’s feed url.
- Fetch all required details from feed url.
- Option to modify fetched details of your podcast.
- Option to Show or Hide individual player elements.
- Give your listener an option to share your podcast episodes.
- Ajax live search episodes from the podcast.
- It is possible to have multiple instances of podcast player on single page.
- Self adjusting layout according to width of the podcast player.
Total downloads: 7,000+
Five Star Ratings: 30+
The one and only next-generation podcast publishing system.
- COMPATIBLE FEEDS: The Publisher makes it easy to create highly expressive, efficient and super compatible podcast feeds with fine grained control over client behavior (e.g. GUID control to replace faulty episodes and for clients to reload) supporting all important meta data.
- MULTI-FORMAT PUBLISHING: The Publisher also makes multi-format publishing – embracing all modern and legacy audio and video codecs – a snap. By adopting simple file name conventions, the plugin allows the podcaster to provide individual feeds for certain use cases or audiences without adding work for the podcaster during the publishing process.
- OPTIMIZED WEB PLAYER: The Publisher also comes with integrated with the Podlove Web Player plugin (which you do not need to install separately) and fully support its advanced options including multiple audio (MP4 AAC, MP3, Vorbis, Opus) and video (MP4 H.264, WebM, Theora) format support for web browsers. This Web Player is fully HTML5 compatible (but provides Flash fallback for ancient environments) and is ready for all touch based clients too.
- CHAPTER SUPPORT: The Publisher also makes it easy to publish chapter information in the player to make access to structured episodes even easier. Full support for linking directly to any part of your podcast on the web with instant playback included.
- FLEXIBLE TEMPLATES: To round it all up, a flexible template system enables you to published Podcasts in a defined fashion and change the style at any time without having to touch your individual postings later on.
Total downloads: 6,000+
Five Star Ratings: 10+
Sync Podcast RSS feeds with your WordPress website automatically. The Podcast Importer plugin helps to easily import podcasts into WordPress. You can import your podcast into the regular WordPress posts or into a custom post type (if you have an existing one).
The plugin supports importing episodes into existing custom post types, assign categories, import featured images and more. Additionally, the plugin enables continuous import or “Sync” of podcast RSS feeds, so every time you release a new podcast episode, it could be automatically created within WordPress. You can also set multiple import schedules and import different podcasts from separate sources at the same time. (For example, when importing separate podcasts from separate feeds into one website).
Total downloads: 6,000+
Five Star Ratings: 4+
The Buzzsprout podcasting plugin fetches your podcast episodes from your Buzzsprout feed URL and gives you the option to embed episodes in your page or post on-the-fly. It really is that simple.
Thanks to a number of WordPress podcast plugins you can easily start your podcasting journey in addition to blogging. These plugins are easy to use and will integrate with your WordPress site!