There are a number of ways you can customize your login page layout in WordPress. This article will go over 7 of the best plugins for creating custom login pages for users and admins for both the front-end and back-end.
Did you know that by default WordPress uses a generic login page? You are not alone — a lot of people do, and it’s a mistake. We are sacrificing our users’ first experience when we do this, because who wants to login into an ugly, non-customized, generic web page?
It’s a common practice to create a custom login page for your WordPress website. Custom login pages can have compelling graphics and make your site look more professional and cutting-edge than the default login page. They could make it easier to register for your educational or membership site or add new features that the default page does not support. In addition to that, a custom login page can even boost your conversion rates and user engagement.
Are you tired of seeing the outdated WordPress login page? Are you looking for a custom login page? You have come to the right place. Even the default login page doesn’t do much to encourage user-login. They are boring and not interactive. That is why you have to have at least one of these 7 best custom login page WordPress plugins for user/admin login. Let’s get started.
1. LoginPress Custom Login Page Customizer
LoginPress is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to create custom login pages for your website. It’s easy to install and use.
You can use LoginPress to create a custom login page for your website, which means users will be able to log in with their social accounts rather than having to remember a password. You can also customize the look and feel of the login page by choosing from various templates or uploading your own image files, as well as adding additional features (such as mobile support).
Best of all, LoginPress is compatible with all WordPress themes so there’s no need for you to worry about compatibility issues!
- Customize login error messages. You can change every error message whether it is on login form, forgot password form, register form or reset password form.
- Customize login logo image.
- Customize login logo image width.
- Customize login logo image height.
- Customize login logo image hover title.
- Customize login logo image hover link.
- Customize login logo padding bottom.
- Customize login page background image.
- Customize login page background color.
- Background Gallery with a selected set of HD Backgrounds for Login Screen.
- Customize login page background image size.
- Customize login page without background image. You can keep it simple with different login form style.
- Customize login form width.
- Customize login form height.
- Customize login form border style.
- Customize login form input styling.
- Customize login form label styling.
- Customize login form field text color.
- Customize login form background color.
- Customize login page “lost your password?” text.
- Customize login forgot password form background color and image.
- Customize login form button styling.
- Customize login form notice messages.
- Add copyright notice message at the bottom of login page.
- Customize “Back to” text at login page. You can hide or show or change the color or even the text size as well.
- Customize login page footer. We call login page footer area under the login form fields.
- LoginPress has a Custom CSS area which can Customize login page in more advanced way. Recommended for advanced users.
- Customize your login page in more advanced way using our Custom JS area. Add your JS there and make your login page more advanced.
- Customize login page with unlimited features available in LoginPress.
2. Theme My Login
Theme My Login allows you to bypass the default WordPress-branded login page that looks nothing like the rest of your site. Instead, your users will be presented with the login, registration and password recovery pages right within your theme. The best part? It works right out of the box, with no configuration necessary! Take back your login page, WordPress users!
- Have your users log in from the front of your site.
- Have your users register from the frontend of your site.
- Have your users recover their passwords from the frontend of your site.
- Customize the slugs used for login, registration, password recovery, and other pages.
- Allow your users to register with only their email.
- Allow your users to set their own passwords upon registration.
- Allow your users to log in using either their email and password, username and password or a combination of the two.
- Allow your users to be logged in automatically after registration with auto-login.
3. Custom Login Page Customizer
Custom Login Page Customizer plugin allows you to easily customize your login page straight from your WordPress Customizer! You can preview your custom login changes before you save them.
4. Custom Login Page Customizer by Colorlib
Custom Login Page Customizer by Colorlib is an awesome and intuitive login page plugin that helps you personalize your login page and login form directly from the Customizer. Custom Login Page Customizer fully supports the Live Customizer feature and you can see all the changes in real time on your login page and edit them.
- Custom login page templates
- Hide/show login logo from login page
- Show/hide the logo text from login page
- Custom logo on login page
- Change logo width on login page
- Change logo height on login page
- Change number of columns on your login page
- Customize width of the columns on your login page
- Change login form column alignment
- Customize login form vertical alignment
- Customize login form horizontal alignment
- Customize background color on the login page
- Add a custom background image on login page
- Customize login form column background color
- Add a custom background image for login form column
- Customize login form width
- Customize login form width
- Add custom background image for login form
- Customize the background color for login form
- Customize login form border radius
- Customize login form fields’ width
- Customize login form fields’ margin
- Customize login form fields’ border
- Customize login form fields’ border radius
- Customize login form fields’ background color
- Customize login form fields’ text color
- Customize login form fields’ label color
- Customize login form username label
- Customize login form password label
- Show/hide the the links on login page under the login form
- Customize login form button background color
- Customize login form button hover background color
- Customize login form button border color
- Customize login form button border color on hover
- Customize login form button shadow
- Customize login form button text shadow
- Customize login form links color
- Customize login form links color on hover
- Hide/Show ‘Remember me?’ option on login form
- Custom CSS option to customize further the login form and login page
5. Admin Custom Login
Admin custom login plugin gives the ability to customize your WordPress admin login page according to you. Create a unique login design or admin login design with an admin custom login plugin, Almost every element on the login page is customizable with an admin custom login plugin. Design beautiful and eye-catching login page styles in a few minutes.
Pugin allows to change background color, background image, background slide show, login form color, login form font size, login form position, add social media icon on form, and many more features.
- Add Your Own Custom Logo On Login Form
- Background Colour
- Background Image
- Background Image Slide Show
- Login Form Position
- Login Form Colour
- Login Form Colour Opacity
- Login Form Font Colour
- Login Form Font Size
- Login Form Button Colour
- Login Form Button Size
- Login Form Background
- Google reCaptcha
- Redirect Users like (All Subscribers, Editors, Authors and Contributors) on Custom URL After Login
- Add Social Media Icons On Login Form
- Social Media Icon Colour
- Social Media Icon Size
- Interactive Plugin Dashboard
- Customize Login Form Positions
- Import & Export All Plugin Settings
- Background Slide Show
- Social Link Connectivity
- Slide Show Animation Effect: 4 types of animation in background slide show.
- Powerful And Easy Setting Panel: -PLugin Setting Panel is very simple and user-friendly. There you are able to design your login page without any hesitation.
- Responsive Design: – Plugin Design is totally mobile compatible.
- Google Font Integrated: -Plugin is integrated with 500+ google fonts. So add beautiful font styles for your form panel.
- Unlimited Colour Scheme: -Here you are able to update the plugin design with unlimited colors. Color option is available for both the login form panel and background
6. Login Designer
Login Designer is a free WordPress plugin, which allows you to create a custom login page for your business. It comes with numerous features and options that allow you to customize it according to your preference.
7. Clean Login
Responsive Frontend Login and Registration plugin.
- Add your login form in the frontend easily (page or post)
- And also the registration and the lost password form
- If user is logged in, the user will see a custom profile and will be able to edit his/her data in another front-end form
- One shortcode per form, you only need to create a page or post and apply this shortcode to create each form you want
- Every form created is responsive
- CSS adapted to each theme
- Register form protected with CAPTCHA and Google reCaptcha (as an option)
- Forms are also protected by Honeypot antispam protection
- WMPL ready with official certification
- .po/.mo template included
- Many languages included by default
- Auto status checker
- Hide admin bar for non-admin users as an option
- Disable dashboard access as an option
- Standby user role for new user registration. With no capabilities, to allow admin approval of users optionally
- Auto linked forms, if you place a shortcode in a page/post the link between them will be automatically generated
- Compatible with WooCommerce
There are many custom login page WordPress plugins here but only 7 are listed. That’s because plugins may be best for only small clients or you still need to customize your layout to your own needs. You should download and test some of them (or even all) and pick the best one for your purpose or situation.