What Is AJAX Live Search?
AJAX Live Search provides a better search experience on your website.
When you’re typing keywords in a search form, a dropdown list containing matched posts and/or pages will be displayed under the search field. All results are fetched from the database via AJAX requests.
Users are able to quickly access these posts and/or pages without leaving the current page.
AJAX Live Search Plugin
This is a lightweight WordPress plugin that provides AJAX-based live search functionality for WordPress search form.
Compatible with any theme and also provides a custom AJAX live search form that is easy to embed via shortcodes.
How to use it:
1. Search for the Lightweight Live Ajax Search plugin on the Add Plugins page.
2. Install and activate the plugin.
3. Go to the settings page and check the ‘Replace Theme’s Search Form’ option to enable the AJAX live search functionality on the native search form.
4. Determine the post types you want to search within. Default: both posts and pages.
5. Save changes and done.
6. If you do not want to replace the native search form, the plugin also provides a custom AJAX live search form. Just copy the shortcode below and paste it into your post, page, or sidebar widget.
[wpls_live_search placeholder="Type and Search..."]
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other awesome plugins on our site.