If you have a WordPress site, you’ probably want it to look amazing! To help you achieve this, you might want to incorporate a WordPress slider plugin that allows you to feature several posts/products/graphics at one time on your site.
The great thing about a WordPress plugin is that it makes adding these sliders super easy (if you choose the right one for beginners). Sliders and carousels are really effective design elements that can help your website look good and improve user engagement.
They allow a large number of images or content to exist in a single space instead of forcing your visitors to scroll down all the way down a page. They also reduce clutter.
But choose the wrong one and you’ll notice how slow it can be. If the slide plugin isn’t coded right, the slider can really increase your page load time. Couple that with a less than par hosting service and your server will respond with snail-like loading times.
This is why you need to make sure you choose the best WordPress slider plugin for your site. And you also want to make sure that the one you choose is the best running time on both desktop and mobile devices.
So which WordPress slider plugins are best for your site on desktop and mobile devices? Here’s a list of free responsive WordPress slide plugins for the modern web.
The most popular, fully responsive and SEO-friendly WordPress slider plugin.
- Simple, easy to use interface – perfect for individual users, developers & clients!
- Create Responsive, SEO-optimized slideshows in seconds
- Unrestricted support for Image slides (supports caption, link, title text, alt text)
- Full width slideshow support
- Drag and drop slide reordering
- Admin preview
- Intelligent image cropping
- Set image crop position
- Built in Widget and Shortcode
- Loads of slideshow configuration options – transition effect, speed etc (per slideshow)
- Fully localized
- WordPress Multi Site compatible
- Compatible with translation plugins (WPML, PolyLang & qTranslate)
- Extensive Developer API (hooks & filters)
- Free basic support (covering installation issues and theme/plugin conflicts)
- Lightbox support
A responsive, beautiful, mobile-ready, fully responsive, and SEO optimized slider plugin for WordPress website.
- Content slide builder – Edit your slides as you used to in page builders.
- Canvas slide builder – Drag and drop your layers anywhere on the slide.
- Slide library – Slide Library provides several pre-made slides to kickstart your work.
- Totally integrated with WordPress – Media manager, shortcode, widget, post permalinks, post editor.
- Page Builder support – Elementor, Divi, Beaver Builder, Page Builder by SiteOrigin, Visual Composer
- Totally responsive and touch-friendly – Sliders can be enjoyed on any device, be it a mobile, tablet or desktop.
- Dynamic Slides – Available source: WordPress posts
- Customizable controls – Arrows, Bullets, Autoplay, Bar, Thumbnails, Shadows
- Slide backgrounds – 9 Super smooth background animations
- Layers – Build unique design with 6 varied layers: Image, Heading, Text, Button, Vimeo, YouTube
- Font and Style manager system – Change easily all the details that really matter in typography and style.
Master Slider is a free SEO friendly, responsive image and video slider that truly works on all major devices, and it has super smooth hardware accelerated transitions. It supports touch navigation with pure swipe gesture that you have never experienced before.
- Easy to Use Interface
- Simply Create Fully Responsive and Device Optimized Sliders with 8 starter samples
- Use Sliders Cross-browser and Works Well on All Popular Browsers! (Tested IE8+ and other modern browsers)
- Superlative Lightweight Outputs in Compare with Other Plugins
- HTML5 Valid and Clean Markups
- Touch Swipe Navigation
- Manage Slideshows with Autoplay Timing Options!
- 24h Support with Expert Agents (check out our rates on WordPress)
- Drag and Drop Slider Creation
- Extremely User Friendly Admin Panel
- CSS3 Transitions with jQuery Fallback
- Hardware Accelerated CSS3 3D Transforms
- Optimized for Any Screen Sizes and Touch Devices
- Smart Loading Assets
- 6+ Interactive Slide Transitions
- Smart auto crop
- Loop and linear sliding
- Shuffle Ordering Slides Option
- Auto-height Slider
- Vertical and Horizontal Direction Navigation
- Fully Customizable Thumbnail and Tabs
- Vertical and Horizontal Bullets
- Mouse Wheel Navigation
- Customizable Arrows
- Exclusive Widget and Shortcodes
- Scroll Handle Slide Indicator
- Smart Memory Management
- 6 Modern and Unique Skins
- Timer-bar and Circle Timer UI Controls
- Custom User Roles and Capabilities
- 5 Image Positioning Options (fill, fit, tile,…)
- Advanced Import And Export Tool
- Built-in Cache Boosting
- Translate Ready
- Multisite Compatible
- Extensive Developer API
The Soliloquy Slider allows you to create beautiful responsive image and video sliders for your WordPress site in minutes. Works perfectly on mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop.
- Drag & Drop Builder
- 100% Responsive – Mobile Friendly
- Beautiful Templates for Customization
- Featured Content – Easily create slideshows based on blog posts, pages, products, testimonials, and other custom post types.
- WooCommerce – Create beautiful product slides for your WooCommerce store.
- Lightbox – Create Lightbox slideshows for your photos and galleries.
- Carousel – Create responsive carousels for your images, photos, videos, and galleries.
- Thumbnails – Add thumbnail images as navigation.
- Instagram – Import images from Instagram.
- PDFs – From your presentation slides and other PDF files.
- Pinterest – Easily add Pinterest “Pin It” buttons.
- CSS Styles – Customize with custom CSS.
- Image Protection – Protect your images with Soliloquy protection addon.
- Schedule Slides – Easily schedule items to display at specific time intervals.
- Default Settings – Speed up your creation with customized Default settings.
The WordPress plugin enables you to create fast loading, responsive and SEO-friendly sliders on the website.
It supports swipe control to make sure your slides look great on touchscreen devices.
Slide Anything allows you to create a carousel/slider where the content for each slide can be anything you want – images, text, HTML, and even shortcodes.
The slideshow is also responsive and will automatically adjust for the screen it is being displayed on.
Meteor Slides makes it simple to create slideshows and publish them with a shortcode, widget, or template tag.
The slideshows scale with responsive and fluid themes to fit any device and have touch support.
- Easy integration: Add the slideshow to your site using a template tag, shortcode, or widget.
- Mobile Friendly: Scales to fit any device, supports touch navigation for mobiles and tablets.
- Multiple Slideshows: Organize your slides into multiple slideshows.
- Slideshow settings page: Control the slide height and width, the number of slides, the slideshow speed and transition style, and the type of navigation.
- Slideshow metadata: Customize individual slideshows.
- Slideshow transition styles: blindX, blindY, blindZ, cover, curtainX, curtainY, fade, fadeZoom, growX, growY, none, scrollUp, scrollDown, scrollLeft, scrollRight, scrollHorz, scrollVert, slideX, slideY, turnUp, turnDown, turnLeft, turnRight, uncover, wipe, zoom.
- Slideshow navigation: Optional previous/next and/or paged slide navigation.
- Multiple languages: Belarusian, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, Greek, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese.
- Multisite Compatible: Add Meteor Slides to any site on your network.
There you have it –a list of free slider plugins that are easy to use, won’t slow down your site and work great for both desktop and mobile devices. You’ll be happy using any one of those plugins for your site!