If you have a WordPress site, you’ll probably want it to look amazing! To help you achieve this, you might want to incorporate a WordPress carousel slider plugin that allows you to feature several posts/products/graphics at one time on your site.
The great thing about a WordPress plugin is that it makes adding these sliders super easy (if you choose the right one for beginners). Sliders and carousels are really effective design elements that can help your website look good and improve user engagement.
They allow a large number of images or content to exist in a single space instead of forcing your visitors to scroll down all the way down a page. They also reduce clutter.
But choose the wrong one and you’ll notice how slow it can be. If the slider plugin isn’t coded right, the slider can really increase your page load time. Couple that with a less than par hosting service and your server will respond with snail-like loading times.
This is why you need to make sure you choose the best WordPress carousel slider plugin for your site. And you also want to make sure that the one you choose is the best running time on both desktop and mobile devices.
So which WordPress slider plugins are best for your site on desktop and mobile devices?
Today, I’ll be sharing the 10 Best WordPress Carousel/Slider Plugins to help you spice up your site. These plugins allow you to create stylish slideshows and carousels with ease.
They can display images, posts, pages, products, and any types of post types on your website. They’re mobile-friendly, so they’ll look great on any device. Let’s get started.
Originally Published Oct 24 2018, updated Feb 09 2022
Total downloads: 800,000+
A responsive, beautiful, mobile-ready, fully responsive, and SEO optimized slider plugin for WordPress website.
- Content slide builder – Edit your slides as you used to in page builders.
- Canvas slide builder – Drag and drop your layers anywhere on the slide.
- Slide library – Slide Library provides several pre-made slides to kickstart your work.
- Totally integrated with WordPress – Media manager, shortcode, widget, post permalinks, post editor.
- Page Builder support – Elementor, Divi, Beaver Builder, Page Builder by SiteOrigin, Visual Composer
- Totally responsive and touch-friendly – Sliders can be enjoyed on any device, be it a mobile, tablet or desktop.
- Dynamic Slides – Available source: WordPress posts
- Customizable controls – Arrows, Bullets, Autoplay, Bar, Thumbnails, Shadows
- Slide backgrounds – 9 Super smooth background animations
- Layers – Build unique design with 6 varied layers: Image, Heading, Text, Button, Vimeo, YouTube
- Font and Style manager system – Change easily all the details that really matter in typography and style.
Total downloads: 700,000+
The most popular, fully responsive, and SEO-friendly WordPress slider plugin.
- Simple, easy to use interface – perfect for individual users, developers & clients!
- Create Responsive, SEO-optimized slideshows in seconds
- Unrestricted support for Image slides (supports caption, link, title text, alt text)
- Full width slideshow support
- Drag and drop slide reordering
- Admin preview
- Intelligent image cropping
- Set image crop position
- Built in Widget and Shortcode
- Loads of slideshow configuration options – transition effect, speed etc (per slideshow)
- Fully localized
- WordPress Multi Site compatible
- Compatible with translation plugins (WPML, PolyLang & qTranslate)
- Extensive Developer API (hooks & filters)
- Free basic support (covering installation issues and theme/plugin conflicts)
- Lightbox support
Total downloads: 100,000+
Slide Anything allows you to create a carousel/slider where the content for each slide can be anything you want – images, text, HTML, and even shortcodes.
The slideshow is also responsive and will automatically adjust for the screen it is being displayed on.
Total downloads: 100,000+
Master Slider is a free SEO friendly, responsive image and video slider that truly works on all major devices, and it has super smooth hardware accelerated transitions. It supports touch navigation with pure swipe gesture that you have never experienced before.
- Easy to Use Interface
- Simply Create Fully Responsive and Device Optimized Sliders with 8 starter samples
- Use Sliders Cross-browser and Works Well on All Popular Browsers! (Tested IE8+ and other modern browsers)
- Superlative Lightweight Outputs in Compare with Other Plugins
- HTML5 Valid and Clean Markups
- Touch Swipe Navigation
- Manage Slideshows with Autoplay Timing Options!
- 24h Support with Expert Agents (check out our rates on WordPress)
- Drag and Drop Slider Creation
- Extremely User Friendly Admin Panel
- CSS3 Transitions with jQuery Fallback
- Hardware Accelerated CSS3 3D Transforms
- Optimized for Any Screen Sizes and Touch Devices
- Smart Loading Assets
- 6+ Interactive Slide Transitions
- Smart auto crop
- Loop and linear sliding
- Shuffle Ordering Slides Option
- Auto-height Slider
- Vertical and Horizontal Direction Navigation
- Fully Customizable Thumbnail and Tabs
- Vertical and Horizontal Bullets
- Mouse Wheel Navigation
- Customizable Arrows
- Exclusive Widget and Shortcodes
- Scroll Handle Slide Indicator
- Smart Memory Management
- 6 Modern and Unique Skins
- Timer-bar and Circle Timer UI Controls
- Custom User Roles and Capabilities
- 5 Image Positioning Options (fill, fit, tile,…)
- Advanced Import And Export Tool
- Built-in Cache Boosting
- Translate Ready
- Multisite Compatible
- Extensive Developer API
Total downloads: 70,000+
The Soliloquy Slider allows you to create beautiful responsive image and video sliders for your WordPress site in minutes. Works perfectly on mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop.
- Drag & Drop Builder
- 100% Responsive – Mobile Friendly
- Beautiful Templates for Customization
- Featured Content – Easily create slideshows based on blog posts, pages, products, testimonials, and other custom post types.
- WooCommerce – Create beautiful product slides for your WooCommerce store.
- Lightbox – Create Lightbox slideshows for your photos and galleries.
- Carousel – Create responsive carousels for your images, photos, videos, and galleries.
- Thumbnails – Add thumbnail images as navigation.
- Instagram – Import images from Instagram.
- PDFs – From your presentation slides and other PDF files.
- Pinterest – Easily add Pinterest “Pin It” buttons.
- CSS Styles – Customize with custom CSS.
- Image Protection – Protect your images with Soliloquy protection addon.
- Schedule Slides – Easily schedule items to display at specific time intervals.
- Default Settings – Speed up your creation with customized Default settings.
Total downloads: 50,000+
A fully responsive, highly customizable, SEO-friendly slider/carousel plugin for cross-platform WordPress websites and blogs.
It supports custom slider controls, image titles, image descriptions. You can also specify the number of images to show per slide.
Total downloads: 40,000+
A responsive and SEO-friendly carousel slider plugin for Images, Logos, Videos, Posts, WooCommerce Products and much more.
- Fully responsive
- Unlimited slides
- Touch and grab enabled
- CSS3 3D acceleration
- Lazy load images
- Multiple instances on a single page
- Navigation and pagination with unlimited colors
- Supports all major browsers
- And more features
Total downloads: 30,000+
WordPress Carousel is the most powerful and user-friendly WordPress Carousel plugin to create beautiful carousels with Images, Posts, WooCommerce Products etc.
This plugin will allow you simply select images from WordPress media library, drag and drop them into place and also supports WordPress posts and WooCommerce products.
It’s fully responsive, highly customizable and works smoothly on iPhone, iPad, Android, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Edge.
Full Feature List:
- Fully Responsive and Touch-friendly.
- Lightweight, Fast & Powerful.
- Shortcode Generator.
- Extremely User-friendly Admin Panel.
- Create Carousel using images from media gallery, posts, products etc.
- Drag and drop image slides Re-ordering.
- Multiple Carousels. (Create unlimited carousels into same page)
- Multisite Supported.
- Set border for image slide.
- AutoPlay on/off.
- AutoPlay Speed Control.
- Stop on hover carousel.
- Infinite looping for the carousel.
- Show/hide Navigation and Pagination dots.
- Navigation & Pagination dots color.
- Unlimited color and styling options.
- Control carousel columns on different devices.
- Display random order.
- Unique settings for each carousel.
- Touch Swipe options.
- Mouse Draggable enable or disable.
- Multilingual Ready.
- RTL Supported.
- Widget Supported.
- Compatible with any theme.
- Advanced Settings to enqueue or dequeue Scripts/CSS.
- Custom CSS field to override styles.
- Developer friendly & easy to customize.
- SEO friendly & optimized for speed.
- Support all modern browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Edge etc.
- Documentation and Video Tutorials.
- Fast and Active Support.
- And much more options.
Total downloads: 30,000+
Attractive & eye-catching WP Responsive Recent Post Slider and Carousel.
- Added Gutenberg block support.
- Post slider
- Post carousel
- Easy to add.
- Also work with Gutenberg shortcode block.
- Given 4 designs.
- Media size ie thumbnail, medium, medium_large, large and full
- Responsive touch slider.
- Mouse Draggable.
- You can create multiple post slider with different options at single page or post.
- Custom post type support.
- Exclude Post with their ID’s that you do not want to display.
10. Serious Slider
Serious Slider is a highly efficient SEO-friendly fully translatable accessibility-ready free image slider for WordPress.
- Create unlimited sliders with unlimited slides. The only limit is your imagination on how to use them.
- Add titles, texts, buttons and links to each slide. All slide texts support HTML tags and even other shortcodes.
- Easy to use media button. Effortlessly add slideshows in posts, pages or custom post types via the “Add Slider” media button in the WordPress text editor. Then just select your desired image slider from a dropdown list, no need to remember or copy slider IDs
- Auto-generated Shortcodes and PHP integration. Use the auto generated shortcode to include slideshows with themes or other plugins. Copy-paste the auto generated PHP code to integrate with custom code.
- Serious Slider Widget. Display slideshows in sidebars via the provided Serious Slider widget
- Use multiple sliders in the same page.
- Familiar admin user interface. Create sliders and slides with the familiarity of managing posts and categories, without having to learn another user interface
- Fast slider creation. Create awesome, responsive WordPress slideshows in a matter of seconds
- Browser compatibility. The image slider looks and behaves great on various devices and browsers
- 7+ Appearance Styles. Choose from different appearance styles to make the navigation arrows, bullets, buttons and colors match your site.
- 7+ Transition Effects. Fade, Slide, Overslide, Underslide, Parallax, Horizontal flip and Vertical Flip.
- 5+ Caption Text Animations. Choose how caption text appears on the slide: Fade, Slide, Blur and Zoom In/Out.
- Highly customizable. Customize image sizes, timings, text size and alignment, text shadow, background color and accent color.
- Individual options for each slider. All the customization options and set individually for every slider.
- Translation ready. Every single line of text in the slider is translatable both in the front-end as well in the back-end. Compatible with multi-language plugins (WPML, qTranslate, PolyLang).
- SEO friendly. Built with search engines in mind, the slider uses correct HTML semantics.
- Accessibility ready.
- Once click demo content. It’s that easy, you’re one click away from a working image slider to get you started.
Picking a slider plugin isn’t easy. There are a lot of options to choose from, and they all seem pretty similar on paper.
The good news is that after trying many out, we were able to narrow down the list to ten reliable choices.
They had to be flexible, provide customization features and functionality, be compatible with the latest WordPress versions and browsers, and have great reviews from other users who tested them in the field. By taking all of this into account, we’re confident that we’ve come up with the top ten slider plugins for WordPress users.
You can always look at the free carousel/slider plugins, but if your needs are special then you may want to go with a premium plugin. We hope that this list of carousel/slider plugins for WordPress has been useful.