Have you upgraded your site to WordPress 5.0? If so, you should disable unused Gutenberg blocks to speed up your website and enhance the user experience.
The Gutenberg editor is one of the newest developments in WordPress, which has been making its debut in recent versions. While it promises to revolutionize the way you build websites, the reality is that this new editor has its own (truly deserved) share of critics.
Although it’s not as bad as some detractors are saying, there are some serious bugs that need to be addressed. With this plugin, you can make your life a lot easier by disabling the new blocks from being seen on your site.
- see a detailed usage report – where exactly is the block used
- enable or disable all blocks in a group with a single click
- search by name, title or description
- group blocks by category, activation status or usage status
- change post statuses applied for usage status detection – currently it is publish, private, pending, future and draft
How to use it:
1. Install and activate the Disable Unused Block Editor Blocks plugin.
2. You can find the Disable Unused Blocks under the Tools menu.
3. Enable & disable Gutenberg blocks by clicking the toggle switch:
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other awesome plugins on our site.