It is a difficult task for beginners who want to clone existing posts or pages on WordPress websites.
WordPress is such a powerful Blog/CMS system that senior developers can achieve this by writing custom PHP functions in the
function.php, however, has a certain risk, because if the core code in this file is modified, it may break down the entire website.
To simplify the task, I did the research and listed here the 5 best WordPress plugins that help beginners quickly and safely duplicate WordPress posts and pages without writing any PHP. I hope these are helpful to you.
This plugin enables you to copy any content with or without taxonomies.
Just click the Clone link on the post or page editing page and the plugin will do the rest.
It also allows you to bulk clone your content using Bulk options.
- Select post types allowed to be cloned.
- Add custom prefix & suffix to the title after cloned.
- Allow you to customize the meta fields that must not be copied.
- Allow you to determine which Roles allowed to copy.
- Show original item.
Just another popular WordPress plugin to duplicate Posts, Pages, and Custom Post Types with a single click. You can config the plugin to save the cloned posts/pages as draft, private, public, or pending.
More Features (Free Version):
- Select which editor your are using.
- Select any post status you want to assign for duplicate post. Default: Draft.
- Select any post redirection, redirect you to selected after click on duplicate this link. Default: To current list.
- Add a suffix for duplicate or clone post as Copy, Clone etc. It will show after title.
Clone posts, pages, and custom post types with a single click and save them as a draft. Lightweight and easy to use.
A lightweight and cross-browser WordPress plugin to duplicate posts or pages in just one click.
Yet another post duplicator which enables the admin to duplicate any post type (posts, pages, custom post types) with a single click.
- Custom Post Status for the duplicated post.
- Custom Post Type for the duplicated post.
- Duplicate the original timestamp or use the current time.
- Custom title & url slug for the duplicated post.
- Offset data is supported as well.
The fastest way to deal with Post/Page duplication is to use a WordPress plugin as I mention above.
If you’re looking for more WordPress plugins to manipulate WordPress posts on your website, don’t forget to check out our Post Plugins section.