A reading progress indicator that calculates and displays estimated reading time with a reading progress bar for posts, pages, or both.
How to use it:
1. Install and activate the Reading Progress plugin.
2. Setup the plugin on the Settings page. All possible options:
- Post type: The type of post type where the reading progress bar will be visible. Not choosing an option equals to not showing the content this plugin creates.
- Position: The location of the reading progress bar, on the page. Not choosing an option will make the plugin to show on top of the content of the page or post. It will also float the progress bar in the right of the content.
- Show only the time to read: Show the calculated total time to read and hide the progress bar. This also hides the floating box, while scrolling the post content.
- Show time to read: Show the calculated total time to read, in the post meta.
- Time to read base: The number of words used a base of calculation for the time to read. Default is 180 wpm. Follow the link to find out more.
- Progress Bar Completion Color: The progress bar color for the completed part.
- Progress Bar Empty Color: The progress bar color for the remaining space.
- Color for the progress box background: The progress bar color for the remaining space.
- Color for the progress box background: The progress bar color for the text in it.
- Delete the settings when plugin is disabled: The progress bar color for the text in it.
3. Save changes and done.
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Author: Alexandru Negoita
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other awesome plugins on our site.