The Read Meter considers the average count of words that humans can read in a minute and displays the estimated Reading Time together with a page scroll progress bar on your WordPress posts and pages.
- Include/exclude comment’s text in reading time.
- Include/exclude post images in reading time.
- Highly customizable.
How to use it:
1. Install and activate the Read Meter plugin on the WordPress website the way you prefer.
2. Set up the plugin on the Settings page.
3. Under the General Settings Tab, select post types to display the Read Time and Progress bar. Select Words Per Minute and set other options if required.
4. Go to the Read Time Tab, and select target pages. Set position, prefix, postfix, and other styling options.
- Show Estimated Read Time On: Single Post, Home / Blog Page, Archive Page
- Read Time Position
- Reading Time Prefix
- Reading Time Postfix
- Font Size
- Background Color
- Text Color
5. Go to the Progress Bar Tab, and select the position, colors, and thickness of the progress bar as per your need.
6. Save changes and done.
7. You can also display the reading time wherever you want by using a shortcode, You just need to copy the shortcode
[read_meter] and paste it in any content of Post or Page.
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Author: Brainstorm Force.
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other plugins on our site.