If you want to add a donation button to your WordPress website, the following plugins are a really good place to start.
Getting a website up and running can be daunting. There’s the content, design, hosting, promotion, and so much more to consider. As a website owner, you might come across the need to increase your revenue. One way to do so is by encouraging donations and fundraising through your site. This can help you cover up for any loss in advertising revenue.
This list will share the 7 best and free donation WordPress plugins that you can use to collect donations directly on your website. These plugins include free solutions for accepting online donations, fundraising tools, and PayPal donation buttons. All of them are from WordPress official repository. Let’s get started.
1. GiveWP – Donation Plugin and Fundraising Platform
GiveWP is the highest rated, most downloaded, and best supported donation plugin for WordPress. Whether you need a simple donate button or a powerful donation platform optimized for online giving, GiveWP is right for you.
Transform the way you accept online donations, starting for free. With GiveWP you can accept gifts for charity or for other purposes, through customizable donation forms. Our donation plugin also allows you to view donor data and fundraising reports, manage donors, and integrate with a wide variety of third-party gateways and services.
- Stripe Donations
- PayPal Donations
- Venmo Donations
- Offline Donations
- Test Gateway
- And many more Gateways
2. Donations via PayPal
Adds a PayPal donation shortcode and sidebar Widget to WordPress.
The options menu lets you set up your PayPal ID and a few other optional settings. You can choose which donation button you want to use or if you want to use your own button. You can also set an optional default purpose and reference, which can be overridden on each inserted instance with the shortcode options or in the Widget settings.
There are also options available for currency, localization of the button, custom payment page style, and the return page.
3. Accept Donations with PayPal
This plugin will allow you to collect PayPal donations on your website.
You can place a PayPal Donation button anywhere on your site where you want to collect money. Your customers can use their PayPal account or Credit Card to donate money to you.
- View donations made in your WordPress admin
- Button Manager
- Page / Post Button shortcode Inserter
- Donation Widget
- Built in support for 18 languages (PayPal currently supports 18 languages)
- Built in support 25 currencies (PayPal currently supports 25 currencies)
- Each button can have its own language and currency
- Each button can have its own button image
- Each button can have itw own PayPal account
- PayPal testing with Sandbox mode
- Customer can choose to make a recurring monthly PayPal donation
- Choose from 7 different PayPal donation buttons
- Upload and use your own donation button
- Choose how the PayPal window opens
- Setup a dropdown menu to force certain amounts
4. Charitable Donation Plugin
With Charitable, you can create fundraising campaigns in minutes, whether you need a donation form for your regular ongoing donations, you’re raising money for a time-sensitive need, or you are collecting donations for a specific fundraising goal.
- Unlimited fundraising campaigns
- Customizable donation forms
- Paypal donations made simple
- More ways to give
- Gdpr-ready WordPress donation plugin
- Painless donation management
- Easy to customize emails
5. Donorbox – Free Recurring Donation Form
A powerful and secure donation management plugin for WordPress. We are the only donation plugin for WordPress that offers a fast feature-filled solution so anyone can raise funds.
The Donorbox free plugin for WordPress will provide you with everything you need to embed a Donorbox donation form into your website. This free WordPress donation plugin will increase your donor conversion rates and recurring donations. We will generate all the embedding code for you.
- Donorbox forms can be ready to deploy in 15 minutes and are even faster to fill in.
- You can embed the form or use it as a pop-up donation form to accept donations.
- Brand your fundraising campaign page with your own color scheme, styling, and logo.
- Create custom input fields to make your forms quick to complete. You can easily collect necessary info from donors.
- Insert custom donation amounts for donors to select by clicking or allow them to specify their own amount.
- Donorbox accepts multiple currencies via Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo, and Google Pay. ACH payments and direct debit payments are also accepted. It’s a quick and easy checkout process.
- Collect donations and double them with our seamless employer donation matching feature.
- Our custom donation forms are localized in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese. You can set this manually or let it auto-detect.
- Other than this free WordPress plugin, Donorbox also offers Peer-to-Peer fundraising, Crowdfunding, Text-to-Give, Events, Memberships, and more.
- Embed our donation forms into your website. Or set a Donate button in your web pages and emails to deploy them as pop-ups.
- Accept donations from desktops, mobile phones, and tablets.
- Monthly recurring donations are easily set up with 1 click.
- Every donation triggers an automatic personalized receipt email that you only need to set up once.
- Our payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, ensure a swift donation process. Most nonprofits have a PayPal account set up, so it should be easier for them to get started.
- After successful donations, donor records get created on your Donorbox account for easy donor management.
- Recurring donors get donor login details to manage their own details.
- Manage all donations right from the dashboard. Resend receipts, update donations even after they’ve been made, and refund donations, if needed.
- Export donation details as a CSV file, for any time period you want. Think tax season or financial year-end reporting.
Add offline donations, like cash or checks, to your campaign so your records are accurate.
- Donorbox is fully PCI compliant and our data is protected by SSL/TLS technology.
- All credit card information is encrypted, tokenized, and stored securely by our payment gateway, Stripe. Payments are processed through Stripe and PayPal. We chose these payment gateways because they operate on the most stringent security protocols and are highly regarded for their data protection standards.
- We do not share client or donation information with any third party.
6. Seamless Donations
Seamless Donations is an easy-to-use WordPress that makes your Web site can accept donations via your Stripe or PayPal account within five minutes.
You can instantly give your donors the option to make their donation repeat automatically. You can turn on on the option with a click, which gives your donors a checkbox to make any donation repeat. This feature is free for both Stripe and PayPal.
- Tributes: Designate a donation “in honor of” or “in memory of” and specify both the honoree and person to notify when the honor donation is made.
- Gift Aid: For those of you in the UK, once you specify UK as your country, Gift Aid is automatically enabled.
7. Cryptocurrency Donation Box – Bitcoin & Crypto Donations
Accept cryptocurrency donations inside your WordPress website by using this free cryptocurrency donation box – crypto widget for WordPress. Simply add your coin wallet address and use its shortcode inside any page, post, or sidebar.
- Accept donations via MetaMask wallet.
- Convert your coin/token payment address into QR code.
- Accept donations in any coin – Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Cardano & much more…
- Beautiful crypto donation box design.
- [crypto-donation-box] – Add shortcode anywhere page/post/sidebar.
- Responsive / Mobile friendly crypto plugin.
- Easy to use style settings.
- You can add any custom coin or token.
If you are looking for the easiest donation plugins to install and use, then WP Fundraising is the best one. WP EasyDonation is another good plugin if you want to accept recurring donations, require users to subscribe, or need tools like automatic tax receipt generation. If you want more complex features like the ability to charge membership fees or send automated emails, then either WP Easy Forms, GD Donations, and Give Me Donations are your best options.
As you can see, there are quite a variety of donation plugins available. You may find that some plugins are missing from this list, and if so, it is because we simply haven’t had the chance to review them yet. Once we have, then we will be adding them to the list. If you have any other donation or fundraising plugins that you think should be added, then please let us know, and we will get them reviewed/added ASAP.