This is a WordPress plugin for internal link building that inserts breadcrumbs into your posts just with a shortcode or a PHP function.
Also provides several parameters to customize the breadcrumbs to your taste.
How to use it:
1. Search for the Breadcrumbs Shortcode plugin or upload the downloaded zip file to your WordPress.
2. Install & Activate the plugin.
3. Insert the following shortcode into your posts. Done.
4. To customize the breadcrumbs, just pass the following parameters to the shortcode:
- id: Post ID (You can ignore that parameter if you want to get for current post on single post pages).
- is_category: false: If you also use the shortcode in Category/Archive listings and want to get looped posts’ actual category (rather than the currently viewing category breadcrumb), then set to true (at first, ensure the shortcode is used inside
loop:...while (have_posts()) : the_post()..., otherwise it can’t access post information)
- include_current: false: If you want to include current post’s title in breadcrumb after categories chain, like:
Home > Category1 > Category2 > My Current Post Title
- delimiter: >: Your desired delimiter
- title: Category:: Whatever you want to have a starting title before breadcrumbs
- exclude: List of category IDs (i.e. 32,84) you want to be excluded from breadcrumbs.
- clearfix: true Include
<div style="clear:both;"></div>before&after the breadcrumbs element.
5. You can also insert the breadcrumbs into your template using a PHP function:
$GLOBALS['BreadcrumbsShortcode_PP']->breadcrumbs( ['parameter'=>123, ....] );
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other awesome plugins on our site.