An affiliate Plugin for WordPress that automatically generates your own affiliate links from any Amazon product URL and shortens the URL using bit.ly API.
When posting, trims Amazon links from queries and appends your Amazon affiliate ID (tag) at the end of each one. Then it uses the URL shortening service bit.ly to generate pretty amzn.to links. The plugin works for new posts only. It does not affect existing posts.
bit.ly offers click analytics (total clicks per link, referrers, locations). To see this information, go to bit.ly and log in to your account.
How to use it:
1. Download and install the plugin on your WordPress affiliate website.
2. Sign up for bit.ly and verify your email address. Then you’ll be able to generate a Generic Access Token in your bit.ly profile.
3. Go to the settings page and paste the Access Token in the first input field.
4. The next input field is for your Amazon affiliate ID, which you’ll receive after signing up for Amazon Associates in your respective country.
rel="nofollow" attribute controls whether search engines should treat the link as a recommendation for SEO purposes. Check to disable (recommended).
6. “Open links in a new tab” makes each of your affiliate links open in a new browser tab by adding
target="blank" attribute to your affiliate links.
7. Save changes and done.
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other awesome plugins on our site.