If you try to change the user’s username, you may find that this action is prohibited under a normal WordPress installation.
To address this, you might need to modify the database (high risk!) or to use the Username Editor plugin.
Username Editor is a simple and tiny WordPress plugin that allows WordPress admin (or any other user roles) to change a user’s username directly on the profile editing page.
How to use it:
1. Install and activate the Username Editor plugin on your website.
2. Go to the plugin settings page and enable the Username Editor.
3. Select user roles that can edit usernames.
4. Determine whether to send an email to users whose usernames are changed.
5. Change a user’s username on the profile editing page.
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other awesome plugins on our site.