The Post Read Time calculates the reading time of your post based on the average reading word per minutes and displays the estimated time in your WordPress post.
Have lots of images in the post? The plugin also considers the post images and adds the time spent to the reading time.
How to use it:
1. Download the plugin and save the zip to the computer.
2. Unzip the plugin and upload the plugin folder
post-read-time to the plugins directory
3. Login to the admin panel and enable the plugin from the Plugins page.
4. Activating the plugin will show a reading time (based on words and images) just above the content of the post. It will be formatted according to included CSS, but you can disable default CSS and assign you own classes. Every piece of the “Reading Time” sentence has its own class. Also you can change the “Reading Time:” word and the word displayed after the minutes (both in singular an plural).
5. Override the default Average reading word per minutes (usually between 220 and 265) and determine whether to take post images in consideration.
6. Save changes and done. If you need more control, the plugin offers two functions you can include in your theme:
// retrieves the reading time
<?php get_time_in_minutes($id_of_post); ?>
// print out the time in minutes
<?php time_in_minutes($id_of_post); ?>
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Author: Lorenzo Noccioli
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other awesome plugins on our site.