A WordPress plugin that brings the native image lazy-loading experience to your website by adding the
loading attribute to your images.
loading attribute allows a browser to defer loading offscreen images and iframes until users scroll near them. loading supports three values:
- lazy: is a good candidate for lazy loading.
- eager: is not a good candidate for lazy loading. Load right away.
- auto: browser will determine whether or not to lazily load.
To learn more about the native image lazy loading, visit the Addy Osmani Blog.
How to use it:
1. Install the Native Image Lazy Loading plugin from the admin panel.
2. Or download and upload the plugin to the plugins folder.
3. Activate the plugin and go to the settings page.
4. Select the
loading attribute you’d like added to the first image and the rest of the images within your content.
- First Image: You might want the first image in your content NOT to be lazy loaded. If so, select “eager.”
- All Other Images (in content): This setting is for all OTHER images within your content.
5. Save all changes and the plugin will take care of the rest.
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Author: JDM Digital
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other awesome plugins on our site.