Block Styles is a WordPress to optimize your site speed by removing or deferring the loading of styles of your Gutenberg core blocks as per your needs.
The plugin provides 4 options that enable the admin to determine how styles will be added to your WordPress for each block:
- Enqueue In Head: Stylesheets will be added individually on the top of your page. You should only use this if you want a block-style to always be loaded, and be render-blocking (not recommended).
- Enqueue In Foote: Stylesheets will be added individually on the bottom of your page. You should only use this if you want a block-style to always be loaded. Stylesheets loaded in the footer generally perform better that when in the head since they are not render-blocking.
- Inline On Demand: Stylesheets will be added inline, only when a block is actually rendered on a page – regardless of where that block is located. This is the recommended method for most block styles and offers the best performance improvements for small block-styles.
- Remove Styles: Stylesheets will not be added. Use this option if you don’t use a block on your site, or if you want to add your own styles for it.
How to use it:
1. Download and unzip the Block Styles plugin.
2. Upload the plugin folder block-styles to your WordPress plugin’s directory:
3. Go to the Block Styles settings page and determine how Gutenberg blocks load stylesheets.
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Author: Ari Stathopoulos
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other awesome plugins on our site.