While you can post recipes on any type of website or blog, foodies who use the most popular CMS in the world do it better with unique recipe WordPress plugins.
These functional and stylish plugins help you organize and display recipes with ease. Top recipe and food plan websites only get more delicious traffic when you use a specialized plugin like one of these.
Best of all, WP recipe plugins make it easier for visitors to share their favorite meals on social media or other pages. This boosts your marketing reach automatically.
Ready to post recipes on your food-lover’s website? Try one or more of these WordPress SEO-friendly recipe plugins. I’ve gathered together the very best to present this smorgasbord of options to you. Browse the options and choose the best one for your needs.
Originally Published June 2019, updated Apr 20 2022
1. WP Recipe Maker
Total downloads: 50,000+
Five Star Ratings: 260+
A Recipe wordpress plugin that allows you to add recipes to any post or page with automatic JSON-LD metadata for your recipes. This metadata will improve your SEO and get you more visitors.
- Compatible with both the Classic Editor and new Gutenberg editor
- Includes an Elementor block and shortcode can be used in other page builders
- Easy workflow to add recipes to any post or page
- Uses schema.org/Recipe JSON-LD metadata optimized for Google Recipe search
- Uses schema.org/How-to JSON-LD metadata optimized for non-food recipes and instructions
- Integrates recipe metadata with Yoast SEO schema graph
- Option to disable metadata per recipe if you want to publish non-food or DIY recipes
- Compatible with Pinterest Rich Pins and a setting to easily opt out
- Outputs ItemList metadata for Recipe Roundup posts
- Recipe ratings in the user comments
- Clean print recipe version for your visitors with optional credit to your website
- Fallback recipe shows up when the plugin is disabled
- Include a recipe video in the template and metadata
- Add photos to any step of the recipe
- Print recipe and jump to recipe shortcodes
- This plugin is fully responsive, your recipes will look good on any device
- Easily change the look and feel to fit your website in the Template Editor
- Structure your ingredients and instructions in groups (e.g. icing and cake batter)
- Full-text search for your recipes
- Access your recipes through the WordPress REST API
- Built-in SEO check for your recipe metadata
- Compatible with RTL languages
- Import your recipes from other plugins
2. Recipe Card Blocks for Gutenberg & Elementor
Total downloads: 10,000+
Five Star Ratings: 10+
Get more visitors, better search rankings, and more social shares with Recipe Card Blocks!
Your recipes will include Schema markup, which lets search engines and social networks display information about your recipes. This will increase clicks and shareability, giving you an easy way to grow your food blog.
- Elementor Support
- AMP Support
- Multiple Designs
- Works with any theme
- Video integration
- Bulk Add Ingredients and Directions
- WPML Support
- Recipe Shortcode
3. Cooked – Recipe Plugin
Total downloads: 7,000+
Five Star Ratings: 80+
Cooked is the absolute best way to create & display recipes with WordPress. SEO optimized (rich snippets), galleries, cooking timers, printable recipes and much more.
- Drag & drop ingredients and directions.
- SEO Optimized – Google Structured Data and Schema.org support.
- Beautiful grid-based masonry recipe lists.
- Prep & Cooking Times
- Photo Galleries
- Nutrition Facts
- Difficulty Levels
- Powerful recipe search with a text search, categories & sorting options.
- Author template to list recipes by a single author.
- Cooking times with clickable, interactive timers.
- Very developer-friendly with loads of hooks & filters.
- Servings switcher to adjust ingredient amounts.
4. Recipe Maker For Your Food Blog from Zip Recipes
Total downloads: 4,000+
Five Star Ratings: 90+
A user and SEO friendly recipe plugin for your food blog.
- Endless possibilities with the template editor and a wide range of settings.
- Optimize your recipes for Google and other search engines and increase your organic reach.
- Professional-looking recipes for any device.
- WYSIWYG Editors for adding new recipes of creating your recipe template.
- Awesome support.
5. Delicious Recipes – WordPress Recipe Plugin
Total downloads: 3,000+
Five Star Ratings: 20+
Delicious Recipes is a powerful recipe plugin that is flexible and very easy to use. It is a feature-rich plugin that creates and displays recipes from your WordPress Dashboard.
In addition, Delicious Recipes is SEO optimized and schema-friendly. Therefore, this makes it a lot easier for search engines to rank your recipes higher and social networks to display information about your recipes accordingly.
The plugin includes lots of essential features like recipe image and video galleries, unlimited recipe creation, nutrition charts, detailed text instructions, printable recipe options, an advanced and powerful search, and many more.
The plugin also includes a User Dashboard which allows your readers to register on your website and browse your recipes. Your readers can even add your recipes to their favorites list.
In addition, your readers can also rate your recipes which will eventually boost your recipes ranking.
Delicious Recipes includes a Recipe Index page that lists all your recipes, making it easier for your readers to browse your published recipes. In addition, it also includes page templates for recipes courses, cooking methods, cuisines, recipes keys and tags which categorize your recipes.
Delicious Recipes uses the powerful WordPress REST API from WordPress core to create and manage recipes. The user interface is built using advanced WordPress development patterns using React JS and full compatibility with the new Gutenberg Editor.
6. Blossom Recipe Maker
Blossom Recipe Maker is a recipe plugin that every food blog needs. You can quickly create awesome recipes in less than 5 minutes, and post it on your website. You can also readily add food recipes to any of your posts and pages using the shortcode.
- Add & Sort Ingredients and Instructions.
- Group Ingredients and Instructions using Heading Sections.
- Add photos to demonstrate any step of the recipe.
- Add a recipe gallery to the recipe posts.
- Add a Youtube or Vimeo Video to the recipe posts.
- A demo recipe post to demonstrate the workflow.
- Add a recipe to any post or page using the Shortcode.
- Visitors can adjust the ingredient quantities for more or fewer servings.
- Visitors can check/mark the ingredients and instructions to find the progress status.
- Author template to list recipes by a single author.
- Add an image to all the taxonomy terms.
- Templates to list recipes by Category, Cuisine & Cooking Methods.
- Search Recipes by Category, Cuisine, Cooking Methods, and Tags.
- Print image-less version of Recipes in just one-click.
- Translation Ready.
7. Recipe Block
Organize your quarantine-inspired baking blog with a “Recipe” block! Adding this will insert a template with an image, heading, recipe information (serving size, time, duration), and a section for ingredients and directions. You can add and remove blocks from this container.
When in the recipe block, you’ll be able to add extra Recipe Ingredients, Recipe Directions, and Recipe Meta blocks, along with audio, videos, galleries, and more.
The best recipe plugins for WordPress sites do a lot more than give you a neat way to create ingredient lists and instructions. Whether you have existing recipes on your pages that you want to convert to a new format or have not launched the site yet, a plugin makes the whole process more user-friendly.
Enjoy greater SEO possibilities, make your recipe cards easy to share on social media, and create updated content regular with the best recipe plugins for WP food sites.
Just like the name suggests, these WordPress recipe plugins are free to use. You won’t have to pay a single cent for them and you can still create some amazing websites. These plugins will allow you to turn your recipes into proper WordPress pages. So, if you’re looking for free and easy-to-use options, here’s what we think is the best free recipe WordPress plugin list.