With the Hide/Remove Metadata plugin, you have the freedom to either hide the metadata (author and published date) of your articles or remove them completely.
- Lightweight: Hide/Remove Metadata is an expedient WordPress plugin to hide or remove author and published date that is extremely lightweight. It means you will not have to worry about your website getting slower because of the plugin.
- Responsive Design: The plugin comes with a responsive design, therefore, there is no need to strain about the plugin breaking your website.
- Compatible with all WordPress Themes: Gutenberg Compatibility is one of the major concerns nowadays for every plugin developer. The new Hide/Remove Metadata plugin has been crafted in a way that supports all the WordPress themes. The plugin functions smoothly on any WordPress theme.
How to use it:
1. To get started, install and active the Hide/Remove Metadata plugin on your WordPress website.
2. To partially hide the information, select CSS and to completely remove them, select PHP. By selecting and hiding through CSS, one can simply get the information with the Inspect tool. However, with PHP, the information would completely be removed, even the Inspect tool would not display the author or published date information.
3. If you want to hide the author of your blog, simply turn on the Hide Author option. It depends on the previous customization option if the author information would be just hidden or completely removed. Turn on the Hide Published Date option if you want to hide the published date of articles. This option is handy when it comes to evergreen articles, articles that are never outdated.
4. Save changes and done.
Download WordPress Plugin:
You can download this free WordPress plugin using the download button below. Unless otherwise stated, the WordPress plugin is available under GNU General Public License.
Author: Catch Plugins
Don’t forget to share this WordPress plugin and also check out other WordPress plugins on our site.